What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Looking for my 1st RCZ

denholme

Reaction score
Hi all, the names Robert and I live in west Lothian. Married for 26 years, 4 kids all grown up and left home. Looking to buy a decent RCZ with a budget of around £6000. Hoping for a nice low (ish) mileage white/black one with all the toys. Seen loads but not sure what to look for and going by some of the dealers reviews theres some very sketch arthur daleys out there so any advice would be appreciated.

Paul R

Reaction score
Hi all, the names Robert and I live in west Lothian. Married for 26 years, 4 kids all grown up and left home. Looking to buy a decent RCZ with a budget of around £6000. Hoping for a nice low (ish) mileage white/black one with all the toys. Seen loads but not sure what to look for and going by some of the dealers reviews theres some very sketch arthur daleys out there so any advice would be appreciated.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Happy hunting for the RCZ of your wishes... Look for damage to the jacking points.. Service history... Check mot reports.... Hdi are known to be bullet proof engine.. Thp petrol do have issues with high pressure fuel pump... Get the best that your money can stretch too.... Good luck..
Les n Co

denholme

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. Was leaning towards the petrol as the wife will be the main user and doesn't do a huge amount of miles but now thinking maybe the HDI is the way forward.
Cheers👍

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
My wife doesn't do a lot of mileage in her RCZ but Hdi is doing her fine I know lock down a lot of cars didn't get used and from one mot to the next she only covered 440 miles.. Hay ho

Kerr

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. Was leaning towards the petrol as the wife will be the main user and doesn't do a huge amount of miles but now thinking maybe the HDI is the way forward.
Cheers👍

If you don't do many miles then don't consider a diesel. They don't like doing small trips. Also diesel engines are getting pushed out.

The diesel is Euro 5 so you will likely face charges for entering city centres and congested areas in the near future. Diesels have to be Euro 6 and petrol cars Euro 4 emission standards to avoid the charges when they come in.

The high pressure fuel pumps do go on the petrols. There's a guy on eBay refurbishing them for around £150 now.

Coil pack don't last forever, but they are £20 each.

Try and find one with a service history that includes a timing chain replacement.

Where about in West Lothian are you?

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes from 440 miles to 4000 this year without any issues..... I have seen Hdi RCZ with more than 240,000 miles and still running well owner said only thing he has done is regular oil changes and new tyres

denholme

Reaction score
Well, we bit the bullet and bought one on Sunday. A 2014 2.0 HDI sport. Paid a bit more than we wanted but its in immaculate condition from an owner who looks like he's looked after it. 49000 miles so hopefully its got plenty of life in it. So not sure if the RCZ fan base flash each other but if I see any of you guys/gals out and about and you get a flash and a stupid grin, well that's probably me.
see below
3a0cb4a79d7b427e835666aecd18b6e7.jpg
7bc2106520274d7384ead0388917745e.jpgb87a4fb476f64e62bb44322d6b5553cb.jpg0f928832cdeb4385a71e9d877e0da791.jpg

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Well nice RCZ you have got yourself there enjoy your drive and all the rubber neckers as you pass them on the road with a big smile on your face..
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

Jerryo48

Reaction score
Had my motor for around four years , first real trip was Cornwall to Brussels. First couple of years perfect. Last year has cost me high px pump. Throttle body, injector, and O²sensor . Mileage now 88,000
So cost me thousands.
STILL love the rcz though, and if I get opportunity will look to buy either a 270, or 200 model.
Celtic engineering managed to tune up from 165-188 bhp.
Worth the effort.
Good hunting

Jimmy H

Reaction score
Yes from 440 miles to 4000 this year without any issues..... I have seen Hdi RCZ with more than 240,000 miles and still running well owner said only thing he has done is regular oil changes and new tyres
I enquired about an RCZ today but it had 236,000 miles on the clock, was tempted but the milage was just too high for me. Was going for very cheap though.

Jerryo48

Reaction score
Well, we bit the bullet and bought one on Sunday. A 2014 2.0 HDI sport. Paid a bit more than we wanted but its in immaculate condition from an owner who looks like he's looked after it. 49000 miles so hopefully its got plenty of life in it. So not sure if the RCZ fan base flash each other but if I see any of you guys/gals out and about and you get a flash and a stupid grin, well that's probably me.
see below
View attachment 12708
View attachment 12709View attachment 12710View attachment 12711
Yes , there are a couple of other rcz's down this way , and always wave .

denholme

Reaction score
Wee update, picked it up on Thursday and haven't been out of it since. Was bought as a toy for the wife but I love it. Its quick and sticks to the corners and now were getting a bit of sunshine up this way I'm thinking a jaunt up the highlands. So glad we opted to get shot of her TT for one of these. Thought I would regret not getting the sat nav model but Spotify streams nicely and if I get lost I have a phone. See you on the road :cool: 👍

viva roxy

Reaction score
Wee update, picked it up on Thursday and haven't been out of it since. Was bought as a toy for the wife but I love it. Its quick and sticks to the corners and now were getting a bit of sunshine up this way I'm thinking a jaunt up the highlands. So glad we opted to get shot of her TT for one of these. Thought I would regret not getting the sat nav model but Spotify streams nicely and if I get lost I have a phone. See you on the road :cool: 👍
Hi Robert my hdi has done 100100 miles with not one problem so far will probably see you around Fauldhouse at some point enjoy the rcz

Attachments

• 69B8BC03-EA86-4AD0-8DF9-F4C723B7B83B.jpeg
    69B8BC03-EA86-4AD0-8DF9-F4C723B7B83B.jpeg
    81 KB · Views: 20

RCZKam

Reaction score
Good mileage for a diesel, looks like a nice find

Welcome to the forum 😎

denholme

Reaction score
Love the 2 you have. I like the thought of getting another one. Love driving the wife’s and now I look at my qashqai with loathing. 😂

denholme

Reaction score
Good mileage for a diesel, looks like a nice find

Welcome to the forum 😎
Thanks. Yeah seems like the chap looked after it. Really pleased, took it down to Blackpool at the weekend and the fuel economy was amazing for a car so quick. Gets quite a bit of attention too.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks great you’ve obviously been bitten by the RCZ bug! 😆
The enthusiasts wave the Hairdressers don’t! 🤣🤣🤣