What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Locking wheel nut key

BillyMcR

Reaction score
After using my looking wheel nut key all the pins have broken off.... Any advice on the best and cheapest options for replacing. Thanks in advance

Kerr

Reaction score
Alloy wheel theft isn't such a big issue these days. They just take the whole car now.

Maybe just revert back to proper wheel bolts.

Pedro

Reaction score
I bought a set of decent splined set off ebay I think I paid around £21.00& they are pretty good quality

Ricardo_Z

Reaction score
After my flat tyre on Friday I unfortunately discovered there was no locking wheel nut in the car! Purchased a locking wheel nut remover kit from Halfords which worked perfectly and ordered 4 x new wheel bolts which hopefully arrive Monday... sorted.

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
When I was in my Peugeot ownership phase my first job (after a huge debacle with a 407) was chuck the locking wheel bolts in the bin and replace them with standard bolts.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I had the same issue @ 6 years ago just after I bought my Z. I took it to a dealers & they drilled the locking bolt(s) out for me.

I can’t remember if they charged me or not, but they did charge me for a new set of locking bolts £40. I thought straight after buying them I wished I had just had standard bolts fitted.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
After using my looking wheel nut key all the pins have broken off.... Any advice on the best and cheapest options for replacing. Thanks in advance
You can repair the locking key, you need some good quality hss drill bits the same diameter as the broken pins.
Drill through the broken pins and into the key without drilling through the other side then remove the drill bit from the drill church whilst still in the key then using a angle grinder cut off exposed drill bit flush with top of key, job done 👍

Zippy

Reaction score
The locking nut bag has a bar code on it. Take it to you’re Pug garage and they can scan it and order a replacement 👍

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
you can order from a dealer a new locking nut, you will need your vin number and a lot of patience
you can order from ebay a new set with bolts and nut
you can buy 4 standart bolts (that's what i did)

Pedro

Reaction score
When I was in my Peugeot ownership phase my first job (after a huge debacle with a 407) was chuck the locking wheel bolts in the bin and replace them with standard bolts.
[/
As soon as I bought the car out went the originals & in came a set of "spline "lock nuts from ebay £25.00 job done ☺