What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Load management warning of battery dying ?

Pedro

Reaction score
I went to go out in the car today after its been sitting for about 3 days & found no power on the dash & digi screen so checked the battery & it shows 400 crank amps which is enough to give it a good kick over which it did the strange thing was once fired up I had no settings the clock automatically went around to 5.05 when its 1.10 pm the radio was off then reappeared & time & date settings were in disarray so has my car possibly has gone back to Factory default settings ?
The car is running OK so is the battery dying a slow death ?

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Any ideas on the battery age? If it’s the original, it’s my understanding that the average battery life on a Z is @ 5 - 6 years.

Mine is 7 years old now on original battery, & so far Ive not had any problems.

When you turn off your car how long does it take before going into eco mode. I think a brand new battery is @ 5 minutes, and the older it gets, the less time it takes. That might be a guide...

Pedro

Reaction score
Any ideas on the battery age? If it’s the original, it’s my understanding that the average battery life on a Z is @ 5 - 6 years.

Mine is 7 years old now on original battery, & so far Ive not had any problems.

When you turn off your car how long does it take before going into eco mode. I think a brand new battery is @ 5 minutes, and the older it gets, the less time it takes. That might be a guide...
I don't know age of Battery it could be the original when I changed the Thermo Tank it was on charge for about 30 mins then showed full but I believe it showed its "Age related" charge of 400 amps so it still holds power the possibility is 1 or more cells are starting to deteriorate rather rapidly after the car has stood for long periods giving a power shortage so it may have to be replaced before the winter is upon us ?

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Nothing worse than a bad battery in winter. You know it will let you down, and it’s usually just when it’s important that your car is there for you.

It’s probably not a bad decision to maybe run it through the summer & get ready to stick a new one in before the weather starts to get too cold.

Pedro

Reaction score
Nothing worse than a bad battery in winter. You know it will let you down, and it’s usually just when it’s important that your car is there for you.

It’s probably not a bad decision to maybe run it through the summer & get ready to stick a new one in before the weather starts to get too cold.
Yep your probably right good job winters are not like they were when I was a nipper ! lol😄