What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

LGN's new toys

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
LGN has two new toys, one of which she shares with the fleet.
Birds, being birds, seek cosy places to build their nests, and the shelter under which LGN slumbers is no exception.
I have no problem with the abundance and variety of birds, our region being quite highly considered by ornithologists, and in decades past I have twitched alongside birders in the UK.
I do, however, take exception to them crapping on LGN as they enter or leave the shelter.
Something had to be done!
Creating, or even designing a door which could fold in two dimensions (entry to shelter slopes up and to the side) proved a little difficult, so I cheated and bought her a nice cover with a soft lining.
The outer fabric is a silver grey synthetic that claims to be easy to wipe off bird sh1t.
It fits and is now in place.
Let the nesters be.
The new toy she shares is a so called "Magic" hose.
Not sure it warrants such an accolade, but it sort of shrivels to about a third of its length when not carrying water (sounds familiar!).
It is also much easier to stow when shriveled, being floppy (pardon} and can be doubled a few times to then hang up, unlike a conventional hose (we have many metres of those) which is like fighting a stiff uncooperative python to lay in a circle on the ground or on a reel.
Used in conjunction with a pistol nozzle thingy, LGN got a clean followed by application of her xmas pressie, a microfibre towel.
She's happy and clean.