What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Leaking oiil and swarf on oul dephaser

Scott1973

Reaction score
Hi hope someone can help. I have the low oil light come up on my dash board so I topped the car up. Dip stick is a load of rubbish dont know who came up with that idea. Light went out no problem then I noticed I had a small oil leak coming from timing chain tensioner so took my car to my friends garage and he said it was blowing smoke when the car is stationary. He checked the oil pressure actuator and found shards of metal on the magnet and that was stopping the oil from getting through. Has anyone else had this trouble he seems to think the turbo has gone and the oil is going into the exhaust and that's why I'm getting the smoke

Pedro

Reaction score
Usual its the sensor that's failed they can pick up swarf from dirty oil etc
Symptoms can be Oil level warning on dash
Noisy Engine
Cooling fan on full blast as engine temp is showing high
The oil pump can also throw up issues connected with the sensor being blocked
How much oil did you put in the engine as this problem can also make people think the cars oil level is low & they overfill the sump which causes even more problems?