What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Leaking Coolant

thornebt

Reaction score
Is anyone able to post a diagram of the cooling system on the 1.6THP please? I've got coolant dripping from the back of the engine somewhere but when I've jacked it up and looked from underneath I can't see where it's coming from! I could remove the battery and plastic trunking from above to see if I can see anything from there but a diagram would be a very good way to start. Cheers. Bruce.

Pedro

Reaction score
Big suspect is poss the coolant outlet housing which if I'm not mistaken slots into a metal coolant hose at the back probably runs under the fuel injection rail & is held in with a spring clip slid into a slot in the connecting steel Hose I have changed a couple of 207 GTs but not Z well not yet anyway but they are a real pain to get at when reconnecting the hoses I had to use my fingers to coax the clip into place on the blindside as you can see in the 2nd pic the outlet snakes around the back of the block hope it helps or gives you some ideas as to where its weeping good luck 👍

Attachments

• coolant housing.PNG
    coolant housing.PNG
    395.6 KB · Views: 42
  • coolant housing 2.PNG
    coolant housing 2.PNG
    389.5 KB · Views: 42

Pedro

Reaction score
A bit more detail 🙂

Attachments

• coolant 1.JPG
    coolant 1.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 44
  • coolant 3.JPG
    coolant 3.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 43
  • coolnat 3.JPG
    coolnat 3.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 44
  • coolant 4.JPG
    coolant 4.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 38

thornebt

Reaction score
I did replace the coolant outlet housing a few years ago as the thermostat had stuck open and the car was running cold. It was a bit fiddly, especially as you say getting the clip on the hose around the back of the block. It's impossible to see what you're doing but eventually the sprung clip locates properly. I'll have a look at all the hoses on the housing for starters. Problem with leaks are that they can run and drip off anywhere. Cheers. Bruce.