What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Lazy newly Newbie

Bernie

Reaction score
Hi All,

I describe myself as lazy as I have been an RCZ owner for 7 years, my first was a 200bhp and the second my current an RCZ R which I have had for 4 years. I call myself a car enthusiast but I'm really only a driver as what's under the bonnet I really don't understand. Lazy because it has taken this long to post anything.

Again lazy as I attend many car shows but only as a viewer as I'm too lazy to polish a car within an inch of its life.

I will give away which town I live in because here in Hastings its a mecca for RCZ's. Sadly I know were nearly all of them live, I once got reported to an unknown RCZ owner because I was taking pictures of his car which I had parked my car next to. They thought I was going to steal it. I apologised a few days later as I saw the car was suddenly covered over. I know of nearly 20 RCZ's including 2 R's

So I notice a lot of RCZ's but very rarely do people see mine, I must confess it only gets taken out on sunny days to car shows, mine sits covered up in a carpeted garage, this may not seem so odd to some but I leave my other cars out in all weathers on the drive.

A different topic but does anyone know how the limiter works, mine has gone past 155 easily with more to spare, a road far far away in a foreign land.

I hope the pictures come out and so we say not the best pictures of the R, I will take some more singular ones soon when I'm not being lazy

Attachments

• DSC_0148.JPG
    DSC_0148.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC_0200.JPG
    DSC_0200.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC_0201.JPG
    DSC_0201.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC_0129.JPG
    DSC_0129.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 25

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Now that is a fair old selection of cars you have there. 👍

A couple of them look like they’re very fast cars, 🤔 and the Porsche’s & the Audi are probably fairly quick too 😁

2retro

Reaction score
The Boxster turns into the R8 at night, it's got the same numberplate!

Bernie

Reaction score
The Audi replaced the Boxster, second or maybe third mid life crisis. Until I got the Audi my treat was to take the R out, the Boxster is the best handling on tight twisty roads, the R is just too front wheel steer for little roads, great on long straights.. The 911 is a great head turner and my poster car as a youth but in this company is tioo slow

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome (eventually 😄) to the forum the limiter on the R is electronic and is embedded in the ecu which can be written out.
Max speed on standard R’s has been some cause for debate in the past but by all accounts the electronic speedo stops at 155mph which is the manufacturers agreed limit but the analogue speedo keeps going and in some cases over 160mph but there will be discrepancies in accuracy on analog.
A recent Facebook poll concluded that UK cars seemed to show higher top speeds than their euro counterparts.

Bernie

Reaction score
Thanks for that, still not sure of limiter on my car as digital speedo was reading 158 and I only slowed because of traffic, I didn't have chance to do again and push till it actually stopped gaining

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Bernie and welcome to the forum at last..
Looking at the cars you have got there's, you're one petrol head... Lol 😂 Like a lot of us on here..
You have some lovely looking car's there... So let's hope that this lock down end's soon so you and all of us can get back behind the wheel for a good blow out....
Stay safe and stay lucky 🍀
When you can drive safe..
Les n Co