What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Just wondering about the software

Jh72i

Reaction score
I've had to hire several rental cars recently including some awful junk but it struck me that even in those the dashboard displays were way more informative than my 2011 rcz 200. Probably just lots of useless info but still...? Actually, I can't even think of those things now as I type but silly stuff like gear change prompts, tyre pressure...

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
My RCZ has gear change prompts and gives tyre pressure monitoring :thumbup:

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
Seeing the word Software tweaks my subconscious response mechanism. :roll:
From mid sixties until about the millennium, that was my trade, in effect; and my saleable skills.
Now as a retired old git living close to the land, my contact with software is either on the numerous computers I use daily for everything including bashing in WAFFLES, or in the car; which is where your thread is directed.
The latest of our fleet is fully loaded, albeit a humble runabout.
It is a Pug 108 Top (which means the roof folds back), and when ordering it, wife says yes we'll have that, and that ...... so it has loads of extras, many questionable as to necessity.
It has a huge number of lamps of all colours and logos flashing on and off at will, or so it would seem.
Moreover, with sensors and warnings for all eventualities, it squeaks, bleeps and pips at the slightest opportunity.
That is all very well, but I find myself asking "now what is the matter?" as a sound nags at me.
The Zero, on the other hand, hides its light under a bushel.
I spec'd the car to GBS and had an array of old fashioned dial type instruments for oil temp, oil pressure, water temp, volts and fuel as well as a tacho and speedo; with a few legally required warning lamps.
But hidden under the dash is a fully featured competition engine management system from Emerald, mapped on a rolling road to get the best out of the engine, fed by a Jenvey injection system.
The Emerald and Jenveys just get on with the job and don't intrude.
Software in its place and working in the background suits me. :eusa-shhh: :thumbup:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
My RCZ has tyre pressure monitoring and gives gear change prompts ! :thumbup:

:D

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Pretty sure my RCZ doesn't prompt for gear changes, it would be getting ignored anyway!
The red bit on the rev counter is for that isn't it? ;)

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

2retro

Reaction score
RCZIain said:
Pretty sure my RCZ doesn't prompt for gear changes.
It can do. You can set it for giant numbers to appear on the dash like an F1 car if you want! lol

Nemi

Reaction score
2retro said:
It can do. You can set it for giant numbers to appear on the dash like an F1 car if you want! lol

My RCZ also doesn't have that feature. I have checked every setting :wtf:

2retro

Reaction score
Nemi said:
2retro said:

My RCZ also doesn't have that feature. I have checked every setting :wtf:
It should have. Just press the button the end of the indicator stalk a few times to cycle through the screens until screen goes blank - that's you in racing gear change mode! Give it a try. :auto-car:

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
2retro said:
It should have. Just press the button the end of the indicator stalk a few times to cycle through the screens until screen goes blank - that's you in racing gear change mode! Give it a try. :auto-car:

yes but no yes

it shows when you should change gears but you have to be gentle with the pedal because it works for economy
if you go for pedal to the metal mode it shows nothing
also in the other screens pops up a litlle arrow showing up and a litlle number

2retro

Reaction score
Yes, it shows when you should change up for best economy but you don't have to pay any attention to it - it's purely advisory!

RCZ-R

Reaction score
It shows those gear changes all the way up to 155 MPH and beyond.
The funny fact is, when the 155 MPH limiter is taken away and you actually go beyond 155 then a gear change indicator lightens up. Like it would tell you, come on, it is time for 7th gear.

Nemi

Reaction score
2retro said:

I just checked it but my "blank screen" doesn't show anything :eusa-think:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
My blank screen doesn’t show anything either. A couple of years ago, this subject came up & I asked at my local stealer, they told me that “certain” models didn’t have that feature, but couldnt expand on “certain”. I asked if it could be updated on mine to include that feature, but they said it wasn’t an option.

As some of you will know, I have modified my software, but although I played with a few of the settings, I still couldn’t get any gear change prompts up there.

RCZash

Reaction score
Hi,
My Asphalt has not got this feature. :?:

2retro

Reaction score
How odd that some have and some haven't got the feature. Weird!

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Could it be that for some reason the thp200 doesn’t have the gear change prompts but all other models do?

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Maybe that feat was introduced with the facelift only?