What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Interior lighting issue....

Jambondrums

Reaction score
Hi All. I picked my 2011 RCZ up today. It's great but I can't figure this 1 out...the puddle lights, footwear lights and main/middle roof light all work fine. However, the map reading lights in the roof console, glovebox and both vanity mirror/sunvisor lights do not work. I've changed the fuse, swapped bulbs etc....nothing. plus, I'd of thought that the ones that are working are on the same fuse. Does anybody have any ideas? I know it's not that important, but it really bugs me when things don't work as they should.
Cheers
James.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
I know that feeling the wife always bugs me lol 😂....
But on a serious note it has to be a fuse don't think that it's a bulb as more than one not working...is there any other thing that not working like the horn etc... As there are other fuses under the main fuse box to look at... I am sure someone will be be able to get you to the solution....
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

Jambondrums

Reaction score
Yeah it's odd. As some of the interior lights work, but map lights, glovebox and vanity mirrors don't. As far as I can make out, the fuse is F7 and it covers all the interior lighting. So I can't work out why dome work and some do not. I've tried changing bulbs etc.....and no joy. They must be linked to a separate fuse or something, but I can't find anything in the handbook......bloody electrics.

Woodso

Reaction score
These particular lights only illuminate when the ignition is on. It is mentioned in the handbook about the map reading lights (pg 78), sun visor and glovebox lights (pg 80).

Jambondrums

Reaction score
I've tried that. No joy though. Also, with main interior light on, taken out F7 and it stays on, so there is a cocktail up somewhere along the line.....

Jambondrums

Reaction score
Well, I've now gone through every fuse in the glovebox fuse box. It turned out that it was actually a 30amp fuse that is according to the handbook, for 12v socket, fuse number F9. It had blown, so changed it and I now have all the interior lights. Just in case anyone has this problem in the future, try F9.