What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Induction kit

Scott1973

Reaction score
Hi has anyone fitted an induction kit to a 2010 20bhp. I have fitted a pipercross panel filter bit would like to fit a cone filter. If anyone has can you please tell me what make it is and what site you purchased it from please.the only ones if seen advertised are for the 156 bhp not the 200

Many thanks

Flanners

Reaction score
To be honest I just would not bother....what are you doing it for as part of a turbo upgrade, bigger intercooler and remap etc. If not then I cannot see the point; you very may well even lose performance by doing it from say loss of low down torque, heat soak etc.

Scott1973

Reaction score
Thanks for advise I won't bother. I will put the money towards getting my wheels powdercoated instead

MagnaSteyr

Reaction score
I agree with "Flanner's" advice Scotty ... enjoy the 200HP for what it offers ...

You can optimise your car's performance simply through disciplined servicing, slightly higher tyre pressures, using the best quality fuels, etc etc.

Performance tuning ultimately becomes a curse ... one modifications leads to another and then those modifications have longevity, reliability and performance consequences ... more power requires better brakes, suspension, cooling, structural bracing, and of course much bigger costs.

And ultimately modified versions fall in value - they don't rise. Collectors want factory original. And we do all own a modern day classic ... right :)

This isn't a critique of those who seek better performance, but a reflection on the implications ... Peugeot invested millions to develop the RCZ ... there's not much more we mere mortals can do to improve on an already enjoyable and unique coupe like the 200 THP RCZ .... other than buy an R :)

coldel

Reaction score
As above on most cars I have owned over the years induction cones etc. does pretty much nothing in terms of noticeable power gains. It does sound much better but you can also get more of a bark if you drill the factory airbox. Most cars I have owned the factory airbox with a clean filter will always do a good job vs an open filter.

You can safely modify a car, certainly things like decent brakes (spend the money on the pads rather than the discs in terms of preference) and definitely premium tyres will let your car go faster and stop quicker. I would also suggest if you want a car to go faster one of the biggest things slowing it down is the person behind the wheel. Driving tuition and advanced driving skills will speed a car up and are a good life long investment!

Pedro

Reaction score
Cone filters are notorious for inducing warm air into the intake Prince engines like a lot of clean air through the filter & when I fitted the K& N on mine (200GT) the difference in power was instant plus you can leave them alone for 30.000-50.000 Klm before cleaning thus its long term maintenance free I checked it at approx 22.000 Klm & its clean as a whistle the only thing I would maybe change are the air intake pipes for forge silicone if the plastic ones splits open

Scott1973

Reaction score
Thanks every body for the advise. I just wanted the car sound a bit more throaty. Git a quote yesterday on a custom backbox and the bloke wanted 600 quid which I thought was a joke any ideas where I could get a cheaper back box from. My mate said about getting a deleted pipe. I'm 48 and don't want to drive round sounding like a 17 year old boy racer

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks every body for the advise. I just wanted the car sound a bit more throaty. Git a quote yesterday on a custom backbox and the bloke wanted 600 quid which I thought was a joke any ideas where I could get a cheaper back box from. My mate said about getting a deleted pipe. I'm 48 and don't want to drive round sounding like a 17 year old boy racer
I have a custom cat back quad carbon tip with a centre resonator delete and custom back box and it sounds lovely a nice low burble that you can hear when passing through tight streets and villages but not too loud to make it boy racer. I paid £500 all in but there are some who would charge £700 and leave the back box out! 😱