What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Immobiliser locked me out?

Johnny T

Reaction score
Hi, as of yesterday my RCZ won't start/ When I put the key in the ignition it moves only slightly to the ignition point then stops dead. It's as if the immobiliser is stopping me. I have tried both keys with the same result. Anyone had this?

DKZ5745

Reaction score
The immobiliser is electronic, it wouldn’t stop your key turning all the way, the engine would turn over, but not start.

As Richard said, have you tried rocking the steering wheel left and right as you try to turn the key. It might take a bit of force, but it should release and allow the key to turn fully.

JC1

Reaction score
As they say in Scotland, give the wheel a good hard shoogle as You turn the key.

Johnny T

Reaction score
It worked! Just jiggled the steering wheel!But what the hell is that all about? Had the car four years and never had that.

Woodso

Reaction score
The steering lock is an old fashioned mechanical anti theft device. If when you park your car and remove the ignition key, you then turn the wheel approx 1/4 of a turn and hey presto, the steering locks in place and will not move until you put the key back in, turn to 1st position and jiggle until it releases. Now then, have you guys ever heard of a Krooklok?

wilsofar

Reaction score
I'm afraid that I still regard the steering lock as being a new fanged device ,having been brought up on 60s cars ,and yes the old Krooklock!

More than regular jiggling of the steering wheel I find the lack of any sort of light around the ignition key area an incredible inconvenience.

My 2008 does not have one either -although it does display a ceiling full of unnecessary display led lights (competes well with the Milky Way) the reason for which escapes me ,except to be flash (no pun intended!)