What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

I come in peace

A

Anonymous

Oh, for what it's worth here's my RCZ - great car with a good spec and importantly (for me) affordable!

A

Anonymous

I'd love the R8 but its not the most practical and im not sure how easy it would be to live with.

One of my near neighbours has an R8. It's an absolutely beautiful car, however he has had a ridiculous series of problems with it. I think in the six months he has owned it, it has been in the dealers for half of that time. I know all car manufacturers seem to produce the odd rogue car, but when you pay just over 90K for a car I would expect it to be at least reliable. :eusa-whistle:

Still, given the chance I would still buy one. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Mlbblue said:
Regarding price - I've got to admit the RCZ Sport is fantastic value for money and yeah, it's more affordable than a similar spec TT - well it was for me anyway! I love my RCZ plus they're still quite rare on the roads, I'm seeing loads of TT's near me but only one other RCZ - it's nice to be exclusive! :dance:

Still - TT's are a nice car and I did consider getting one but went for the RCZ instead :thumbup:

I agree if I'd been looking at a low spec TT and had £20-25k to spend I would have definately considered the RCZ I'v seen a few on the motorway but I'v never seen one up close I'll need to take a trip to the peugeot dealer for a look.

A

Anonymous

Hi GarTT and welcome to the forum. We're a pretty eclectic and friendly bunch here and I think most would agree that the TT in its various guises is a fab car...but we can't all afford one so I'm more than happy with my gorgeous RCZ :D .

A

Anonymous

Welcome GarTT. I was almost tempted to register on the TT forum just to put in a balanced point of view, but I suspect it would have just been a waste of time.

It annoyed me that they said it was a copy of a TT Mk1. Of course it has taken design cues but how many production cars are TRULY original? I always thought the rear of the TT Mk 1 looks like a DB5. Not one person mentioned the double bubble roof yet did mention that the front looks like a 308. Of course it does, that was the basis for designing the coupe. I am perfectly happy to live with the relatively uninspiring front if it means that Pug invested the production costs in that rear. There are very few production cars as daring.

In terms of comparison, we all may have different benchmarks...but all the media compared it against the Scirocco and the TT. In fact, in the Auto Express 2010 awards, the RCZ won the 'Best Coupe' ahead of those two (which were both commended). Of course, the RCZ achieved 'Best Design' .... for ALL cars. But of course, some on the TT forum think that they know better than independent journalists and the panel of judges :lol:

Peace and love, peace and love...

A

Anonymous

Brooktop said:
Welcome GarTT. I was almost tempted to register on the TT forum just to put in a balanced point of view, but I suspect it would have just been a waste of time.

Hi Brooktop,

I was also going to register on the TT forum, however I believe it would be a complete waste of time as well. Many of the posts are very offensive, including photograph's of dog excrement etc, used to decribe the RCZ. Not only does the TT forum appear to have quite a few idiots it also appears that the forum is not very well moderated.

Anyway, lets forget about ill informed TT owners and make bridges with members like GarTT who have a good choice in cars and a balanced viewpoint.

:beer:

A

Anonymous

Im registered on both the VW forum and the TT one as I was considering all three..

Looks like ill probably be active on the TT forum too as the missus is out looking at a 2002 TT today :lol: :lol: Coupe Fever!

RCZ1

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum GarTT :greetings-wavingblue:

Well its a pleasure to have read through your posts and to find that there is actually a TT driver who can offer sensible comments. I'm another that considered the TT but the RCZ won me over as soon as I saw a photo of it, back in August 2009. The Ibis white is my favourite colour for the TT - nearly as nice as my Pearl RCZ :lol:

I wish I could afford an Audi R8. There is someone in my village who has a white one - which I think is stunning.
Good luck with whatever you decide to buy and hope you continue to enjoy our forum :D

A

Anonymous

Hi GarrTT, Welcome to the forum. When I purchased my RCZ the last thing on earth that entered my head would be this stupid rivalry between Audi and Peugeot. I too was going to purchase an Audi TT until I spotted a competition to win an RCZ and fell in love with the car from that moment on. I buy a car on my terms and circumstances and have nothing to do with one-upmanship or being better than anyone else. I still love the TT and may have one in the future. However I also love my RCZ and I think I get a better reaction from other motorist for its looks and road presence, at this moment in time. My car has been photographed many times by strangers in cars and on foot. I have had people wanting to sit in the driver’s seat to feel what it’s like and even given demonstration run to friends, family and complete strangers. If I was a salesman I could have sold dozens of RCZs. My car is a joy to show off, and I love it.
This is also the only forum I have ever joined and I am very happy with the people on it and the way it is administered. Everyone sticks to the forum guidelines and we don’t need to slag people off or other cars. If I thought for one second it was going to take the shape of other forums then I would be off like a shot. Keep up the good work.
My other favourite car is the Audi R8. There is a black one in my area and it has buzzed me a few times on passing. We even got side by side on one occasion, being driven by a beautiful blonde. I don’t think I was dreaming, but both cars looked fantastic. :greetings-wavingblue:

A

Anonymous

Hi garTT,

Welcome to the forum :wave:

I like both manufacturers, I'm currently driving an RCZ and have a proper Audi quattro.

Nice friendly place here , lots of good people :thumbup:

Regards

Marcus

A

Anonymous

RCZGT200 said:
Hi garTT,

Welcome to the forum :wave:

I like both manufacturers, I'm currently driving an RCZ and have a proper Audi quattro.

Nice friendly place here , lots of good people :thumbup:

Regards

Marcus

an old audi quattro? I love them any pics of it?
Figo said:
Im registered on both the VW forum and the TT one as I was considering all three..

Looks like ill probably be active on the TT forum too as the missus is out looking at a 2002 TT today :lol: :lol: Coupe Fever!

The mk1 TTs a great car especially for the prices its available for £7k will get you a nice example 1.8T and they have a stunning interior (in some ways nicer than the mk2) The best model to go for is the 225 which comes with quattro, leather, heated seats, CD changer etc, if you need any advice on them feel free to pm me

A

Anonymous

Hart said:
Brooktop said:

Hi Brooktop,

I was also going to register on the TT forum, however I believe it would be a complete waste of time as well. Many of the posts are very offensive, including photograph's of dog excrement etc, used to decribe the RCZ. Not only does the TT forum appear to have quite a few idiots it also appears that the forum is not very well moderated.

Anyway, lets forget about ill informed TT owners and make bridges with members like GarTT who have a good choice in cars and a balanced viewpoint.

:beer:

registering on the TT forum would be a waste of your time tbh you would just get shot down with many abusive posts as its a very fast moving forum with thousands of members.
RCZ1 said:
Welcome to the forum GarTT :greetings-wavingblue:

Well its a pleasure to have read through your posts and to find that there is actually a TT driver who can offer sensible comments. I'm another that considered the TT but the RCZ won me over as soon as I saw a photo of it, back in August 2009. The Ibis white is my favourite colour for the TT - nearly as nice as my Pearl RCZ :lol:

I wish I could afford an Audi R8. There is someone in my village who has a white one - which I think is stunning.
Good luck with whatever you decide to buy and hope you continue to enjoy our forum :D

Hi RCZ1 its actually a breath of fresh air to have a chat with some nice people on a car forum. In the TT one people have always got something nasty to say about the colour of your car, your wheels, your leather colour, your mods, your driving, your photos

A

Anonymous

Thousands of members you say?

Doesn't that make us feel even more special?

A

Anonymous

In the TT one people have always got something nasty to say about the colour of your car, your wheels, your leather colour, your mods, your driving, your photos

Well everyone will have their own opinion, its just the way people put it across but also the way that people take the criticism. Some people are just very defensive...maybe a lack of maturity?

A

Anonymous

Im sure as time goes on and more and more RCZs are sold you'll experience a wider crowd of people who perhaps aren't quite so nice. Some of the biggest w*nkers on the TT forum have lot of money and have many cars, where as some of the mk1 owners with what have been described here as "chavy" mods are very nice helpful people, I personally dont believe in stereotyping people by what they drive etc although someones taste might not be the same as mine Its better just to agree to disagree and forget about it :)