What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

I come in peace

A

Anonymous

Hi all :)

Im a member of the TT forum and I'v noticed the recent anemosity between the RCZ and TT forums

We're not all nasty you know :lol: I personally think the RCZs a lovely looking and is definately a step in the right direction for peugeot

I think what seems to winding up some of the TT owners so much is that the RCZ is a cheaper car (no offence ment by that statement) and is being compared to the TT. Generally for a decent spec quattro TT you have to spend over £33k and many on the forum have spent £50k for a TTRS and a further several thousand on mods. I think the RCZs main rival is the Scirrocco and In my view the RCZs a much better car than the Scirrocco

Anyway I just wanted to clear the air a bit, remember only a minority of TT owners are slagging off the RCZ and they both have different markets :)

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the nice welcome I was waiting on the lynch mob :lol:

Joske

Reaction score
Sint-Huibrechts-Hern - Limburg - Flanders
Hi.

Comparing the RCZ with the Scirocco is comparing a mouse and an elefant. :oops:

RCZ is developed and designed as a sportscoupe. The vw is developed as a golf and then smashed in the head.

RCZ is a real coupe where te scirocco is just an other 3 door model.

A

Anonymous

They are still aimed at the same market and they are both hatchback based with similar power outputs etc

I think the RCZ miles better looking than the VW but theres nothing else which is close to them in the same market

apart from the honda CRZ but it looks terrible

A

Anonymous

No worries TT owner! Think most people on the forum are bemused by it all - both cars are beautiful. As you say the TT tends to be more expensive. I would have bought a TT years ago but it was out of my price range. Now that I can afford a TT I prefer the styling of the RCZ. Now if I could afford an R8 I'd have one in a shot!

Most people on the RCZ forum treat the TT vs RCZ rivalry as a bit of fun, no offense intended!

BTW what colour is your TT and does it have a name or are you TT owners too cool for all that?!!!! :)

A

Anonymous

I have an ibis white TTS with titanium wheels :)

Im looking to change to a TTRS next year although im also being pulled towards the R8, this is my 4th TT

I have owned

mk1 1.8T coupe (silver)

mk1 3.2 v6 coupe (red)

mk2 3.2 V6 roadster (black)

I'v absolutely loved all of them and I miss some parts of the mk1 as it really does have a stunning interior.

A

Anonymous

Nice!!!!!!

Get an R8 next - you know you want to....... (or a Peugeot Shine - look it up!) :)

A

Anonymous

Welcome to the forum :)

Guess on "teh interwebz" there will always be the odd person out there that will ruffle your feathers :lol:

Glad I opted for the RCZ in the end, but hey if we were all the same life would be boring :lol:

A

Anonymous

Scarlet said:
Nice!!!!!!

Get an R8 next - you know you want to....... (or a Peugeot Shine - look it up!) :)

I dont know if the wife would let me get the R8

yeah the peugeot shines lovely although i cant see that hitting our roads any time soon, the gullwing doors are a nice touch :)

what model/ colour RCZ do you have? any pics?

A

Anonymous

Figo said:
Welcome to the forum :)

Guess on "teh interwebz" there will always be the odd person out there that will ruffle your feathers :lol:

Glad I opted for the RCZ in the end, but hey if we were all the same life would be boring :lol:

I cant see the point in arguing with people on the internet im a middle aged man, its pretty stupid starting hate posts because a new car thats of similar shape to the TT has come out

A

Anonymous

I have a Sport THP 156 in Nera black called Flash. There are a few pics of Flash in the members gallery but I'll stick one on here for you to see. He's just the basic one as this is the first decent car I've had and I had no idea about alloys and modifications etc and I thought he was fantastic as he was. But now I'd like red calipers, leather seats like RCZ1's, a second exhaust etc etc - I'm turning into a petrol head!!!

A

Anonymous

looks very nice I can see you've been polishing it well :)

black cars are terrible to keep clean I used to wash my old TT drive it 5 miles and it looked as dirty as ever

A

Anonymous

GarTT said:

Im a member of the TT forum and I'v noticed the recent anemosity between the RCZ and TT forums

We're not all nasty you know :lol: I personally think the RCZs a lovely looking and is definately a step in the right direction for peugeot

I think what seems to winding up some of the TT owners so much is that the RCZ is a cheaper car (no offence ment by that statement) and is being compared to the TT. Generally for a decent spec quattro TT you have to spend over £33k and many on the forum have spent £50k for a TTRS and a further several thousand on mods. I think the RCZs main rival is the Scirrocco and In my view the RCZs a much better car than the Scirrocco

Anyway I just wanted to clear the air a bit, remember only a minority of TT owners are slagging off the RCZ and they both have different markets :)

Hi Gar TT,
at first I want to welcome you in our forum and to say that you have balls! Further on it honours you, that you disassociate yourself from the teenagers at your TT-Forum.
Even if it will not amuse you, I have no choice but do say, that there is no other car in the world but the TT to compare the RCZ. I agree with the teenagers of the TT-Forum when they say, that the RCZ looks a bit like a copy of the primary TT from 1998. But I think, building a sportscoupe gifted with a sense of beauty you will stringently match the form. So the Audi-designers did a very good job in the late 90´th!
It is a real shame but the same designers missed the chance to cultivate this brilliant invention for the 20th century. They reverse-engeneered the TT-design up to today in many steps. So peugeot took their chance to refine this brilliant form of the ´98 TT and they did very well. In the year 2000 I tried the TT, but I felt like sitting in a battle tank sitting inside, with vision slits around me, so I bought a BMW M5, knowing that it is not a comparable car concerning power and design, but I appreciated the power and tolerated the design, and used it for 18 month beeing happy.

In 2009 Peugeot started selling the RCZ and it was a must have. It was the brilliant refreshed form of the native TT redesigned to a design of today. The quality of production from Steyr in Austria is beyond a doubt excellent, like we are familiar with from their produktion of Aston Martin, Mercedes modell G, Porsche and other. The interior is superior to the TT, the haptic of the leather defines the master class in the market of low-budget sportcoupes like TT and RCZ. Better is the enemy of good.

I am sure, that you only can disagree with this implementations and I can understand that.
At this point we come to a chapter, where the TT tops the RCZ, there are more powerful engines available at present for the TT. But honestly, if I want to buy a powercar, I wont buy a TT or an RCZ, I would buy a a real powercar which belongs to an other class, like Mercedes, BMW, Porsche, Ferrari, even Audi R8, or other.

Dont be offended, and feel welcome to our forum!
doc

FGRob

Reaction score
Welcome along GarTT.

I like your title - I come in peace - shoot to kill (not sure if you can remember the song) ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

You will see our little forum certainly has a mix of members from all over the world and we all have the same passion for the RCZ, you will also see the majority of folk on here are very surprized by the reaction we have had from the TT forum, the majority of discussion has been generated due to comments passed on the forum and attitudes of some, not all, TT drivers when they have come across a RCZ in the flesh.

I was just about to confirm an order for a TT Roadster until I saw the RCZ and brought the one out of the show room the same day, that's how much of an impact the car had on me and the wife.

Any way if I could afford it my next car would be an R8 although I'm also liking the look / price of the new lotus Evora with the supercharger :thumbup:

Rob.

A

Anonymous

doc said:
GarTT said:

Hi Gar TT,
at first I want to welcome you in our forum and to say that you have balls! Further on it honours you, that you disassociate yourself from the teenagers at your TT-Forum.
Even if it will not amuse you, I have no choice but do say, that there is no other car in the world but the TT to compare the RCZ. I agree with the teenagers of the TT-Forum when they say, that the RCZ looks a bit like a copy of the primary TT from 1998. But I think, building a sportscoupe gifted with a sense of beauty you will stringently match the form. So the Audi-designers did a very good job in the late 90´th!
It is a real shame but the same designers missed the chance to cultivate this brilliant invention for the 20th century. They reverse-engeneered the TT-design up to today in many steps. So peugeot took their chance to refine this brilliant form of the ´98 TT and they did very well. In the year 2000 I tried the TT, but I felt like sitting in a battle tank sitting inside, with vision slits around me, so I bought a BMW M5, knowing that it is not a comparable car concerning power and design, but I appreciated the power and tolerated the design, and used it for 18 month beeing happy.

In 2009 Peugeot started selling the RCZ and it was a must have. It was the brilliant refreshed form of the native TT redesigned to a design of today. The quality of production from Steyr in Austria is beyond a doubt excellent, like we are familiar with from their produktion of Aston Martin, Mercedes modell G, Porsche and other. The interior is superior to the TT, the haptic of the leather defines the master class in the market of low-budget sportcoupes like TT and RCZ. Better is the enemy of good.

I am sure, that you only can disagree with this implementations and I can understand that.
At this point we come to a chapter, where the TT tops the RCZ, there are more powerful engines available at present for the TT. But honestly, if I want to buy a powercar, I wont buy a TT or an RCZ, I would buy a a real powercar which belongs to an other class, like Mercedes, BMW, Porsche, Ferrari, even Audi R8, or other.

Dont be offended, and feel welcome to our forum!
doc

Im very difficult to offend :lol:

lookswise yes the TT and RCZ do share a lot of similarities but pricewise for a bottom of range TT is the 1.8t roadster which is under £28,000 and it has very poor spec and isnt a great engine if you want a nice s line model you have to pay nearly £30k and most of the guys on the TT forum dont class a front wheel drive or diesel model as a proper TT because the TT is well known for having the quattro and personally the quattro is amazing I couldnt have done without it in all this snow. The TT is priced much closer to the 3 series coupe in terms of spec etc

The fast TTs are a very good car though my TTS is very fast yet gets good MPG and is fairly practical and easy to drive I cant think of another car that could match it as a full package. The only other similar car is the porsche cayman but its not as fast for the money or as comfortable and well equipped
FGRob said:
Welcome along GarTT.

I like your title - I come in peace - shoot to kill (not sure if you can remember the song) ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

You will see our little forum certainly has a mix of members from all over the world and we all have the same passion for the RCZ, you will also see the majority of folk on here are very surprized by the reaction we have had from the TT forum, the majority of discussion has been generated due to comments passed on the forum and attitudes of some, not all, TT drivers when they have come across a RCZ in the flesh.

I was just about to confirm an order for a TT Roadster until I saw the RCZ and brought the one out of the show room the same day, that's how much of an impact the car had on me and the wife.

Any way if I could afford it my next car would be an R8 although I'm also liking the look / price of the new lotus Evora with the supercharger :thumbup:

Rob.

I'd love the R8 but its not the most practical and im not sure how easy it would be to live with

A

Anonymous

Hi GarTT, welcome to the Forum, :thumbup:

The TT is a fabulous looking car, & if I had'nt seen the RCZ, I would have seriously considered a TT!

Personally speaking I have not noticed ANY negative reaction from TT drivers, although there is bound to be some out there. I had one behind me this morning, & after coming up close to have a nose, he then backed off & followed me at a steady spead for over 10 miles.

I am thrilled with my RCZ, but still enjoy admiring the handsome TT....there's room for us all! :beer:

A

Anonymous

Regarding price - I've got to admit the RCZ Sport is fantastic value for money and yeah, it's more affordable than a similar spec TT - well it was for me anyway! I love my RCZ plus they're still quite rare on the roads, I'm seeing loads of TT's near me but only one other RCZ - it's nice to be exclusive! :dance:

Still - TT's are a nice car and I did consider getting one but went for the RCZ instead :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

GarTT said:
lookswise yes the TT and RCZ do share a lot of similarities but pricewise for a bottom of range TT is the 1.8t roadster which is under £28,000 and it has very poor spec and isnt a great engine if you want a nice s line model you have to pay nearly £30k and most of the guys on the TT forum dont class a front wheel drive or diesel model as a proper TT because the TT is well known for having the quattro and personally the quattro is amazing I couldnt have done without it in all this snow. The TT is priced much closer to the 3 series coupe in terms of spec etc

A fully equipped RCZ 200 THP costs around 34000 £ in germany, but in my opinion,it feels better than a TT for an equivalent price.

doc