What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

I can't wait to see how this goes down! TT baiting

A

Anonymous

Left on the TT forum tonight

Light the fuse and stand back.

Oh by the way I have a 163 GT on order and although I love the car I have never been in love with PUG front ends but Im sure it will grow on me.

''Hi all I was shocked to see how unpleasant some of your comments were so I thought I should add some facts to even it all out.
RCZ to TT
Power loses, just.
Torque loses, just.
Handling loses.
Appearance? Wow depends on your viewpoint and angle, front loses but rear quarter wins in my opinion.
Interior quality loses.
Unique visual features wins on the spars
Rarity wins, 7 white, 2 blue, 1 silver, 1 red, 1 black TT's on today's 200 mile drive but only 1 black RCZ.
Space in boot wins.
Space on rear seats wins.
Residuals wins.
Warranty wins.
Price wins, my £24750 RCZ would cost £32750 as an equivalent TT and even then it would not have front parking sensor, auto lights or auto dimming rear view mirror.
You love the TT but I cannot justify £8000 because it's an Audi and handles a little bit better, I don't go on circuits.''

A

Anonymous

Oh my god just seen a RCZ ad on the TT forum! Well done Peugeot!

RCZ1

Reaction score
RCZ White said:
Left on the TT forum tonight

Light the fuse and stand back.

Oh by the way I have a 163 GT on order and although I love the car I have never been in love with PUG front ends but Im sure it will grow on me.

''Hi all I was shocked to see how unpleasant some of your comments were so I thought I should add some facts to even it all out.
RCZ to TT
Power loses, just.
Torque loses, just.
Handling loses.
Appearance? Wow depends on your viewpoint and angle, front loses but rear quarter wins in my opinion.
Interior quality loses.
Unique visual features wins on the spars
Rarity wins, 7 white, 2 blue, 1 silver, 1 red, 1 black TT's on today's 200 mile drive but only 1 black RCZ.
Space in boot wins.
Space on rear seats wins.
Residuals wins.
Warranty wins.
Price wins, my £24750 RCZ would cost £32750 as an equivalent TT and even then it would not have front parking sensor, auto lights or auto dimming rear view mirror.
You love the TT but I cannot justify £8000 because it's an Audi and handles a little bit better, I don't go on circuits.''

That's fab - keep up the good work :eek:uch:

Those Audi owners really think they are something :roll:

When I called in at my dealer last Saturday, there was a 3 year old Audi TT in the car park. The owner was placing an order for a RCZ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: At least one has got their head screwed on the right way :!:

A

Anonymous

I owned two new Audis in the past: A4 1,9 TDI manual gearbox from 1996 sold with 195tkm , and now I am driving an A3 2.0 TDI DSG from 2004 actual with 212 tkm. I had much trouble with both cars. Interior quality is very fine from Audi (better than any PUG), but the rest is not worth the money in my opinion. First I want to buy the TT 2.0 TDI but if you choose much options, its getting very expensive. And Its still an Audi (drove them in the last 15 years). Then I saw the Advertisements of the RCZ on TV. Peugeot .... never driven any car from them since the 205 GTI ... and never desired to drive one because of the design. But now .... I drove both cars TT and RCZ, Interior is not really compareable in optics and quality, but the rest .... very very nice car for a PUG ;-)... I don´t want to go on the race track with the car, but I love driving corners. And this makes so much fun with the RCZ :) .I am still a fan of Audis S and RS lines but they are playing in another category and they are not affordable for me. I´d ordered the RCZ HDI !!!

Now you have a positive reply from an german Audi driver in the RCZ forum :beer:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Gregmaan said:
I owned two new Audis in the past: A4 1,9 TDI manual gearbox from 1996 sold with 195tkm , and now I am driving an A3 2.0 TDI DSG from 2004 actual with 212 tkm. I had much trouble with both cars. Interior quality is very fine from Audi (better than any PUG), but the rest is not worth the money in my opinion. First I want to buy the TT 2.0 TDI but if you choose much options, its getting very expensive. And Its still an Audi (drove them in the last 15 years). Then I saw the Advertisements of the RCZ on TV. Peugeot .... never driven any car from them since the 205 GTI ... and never desired to drive one because of the design. But now .... I drove both cars TT and RCZ, Interior is not really compareable in optics and quality, but the rest .... very very nice car for a PUG ;-)... I don´t want to go on the race track with the car, but I love driving corners. And this makes so much fun with the RCZ :) .I am still a fan of Audis S and RS lines but they are playing in another category and they are not affordable for me. I´d ordered the RCZ HDI !!!

Now you have a positive reply from an german Audi driver in the RCZ forum :beer:

First of all welcome to the forum :greetings-wavingblue:

Glad to see that you have ordered a RCZ.

I'll grant you that the interior is probably of better quality but the look of the RCZ way out weighs anything on the road (like for like) in my opinion.

A

Anonymous

Hi all,
I just thought i'd add my pennies worth to this discussion. I have recently sold my AUDI TT 2.0. I really loved the car. However, my whole experience of owning the AUDI was quite simply horrific and I will 'NEVER' buy an AUDI again....this is the comedy of errors that was the audi experience:

* went to collect my ex demo TT from the showroom and saw the tyres peeking out from the cover that was draped over the soon to be mine TT...how exciting... that was where the excitement ended as when they pulled off the cover to reveal my car I was distinctly non-plussed...the car hadn't been valeted, the leather was filthy, the few marks on the paint work hadn't been sorted (as promised), the steel exhausts hadn't been put on..in fact they hadn't done any of the work they agreed to do when I purchased the car. I was now getting a bit angry.

But..to add insult to injury the hand over person, rather than apologise profusely and tell me what he was going to do to resolve the situation, proceeded to blame the salesman..who had been sat about 5 yards away but had now miraculously disappeared...anyway when he reappeared he blamed the 'customer experience' manager. What a bunch of cowboys!! (Crawley cowboys by the way)
Not one of them took responsibility for the situation. SO I told them I wasn't taking the car and that they needed to sort it out...and quickly.

Anyway all that got sorted until winter came and my alloys all started to flake off (I had the most expensive two tone ones). I took the car in, the trusty salesman told me it was their problem, they shouldn't flake and they would sort it. Great...now feeling better about Audi...for about 3 days...when they phoned back and told me it was in fact my problem but that they could do it at cost. Pissed off again now!! SO I paid up ebentually and had then sorted.
Went to pick the car up....alloys all nice and shiny and new.....just like the 3 deep scratches that were now in the middle of the bonnet!!
Can you believe they then tried to tell me this was my fault..it wasn't..the car was immaculate when I left it with them...then they said it was a stone chip..STONE CHIP!!....it looked like a claw hammer had been dragged across it...anyway needless to say the audi has now gone and I wont be visiting one of their showrooms ever again.

Now to the RCZ...I'm not a born and bred Peugeot fan and was prepared to be disappointed but the minute I got in the RCZ I had a grin on my face. Great interior...love the carbon dials...and feels as quick as the TT but nowhere near as skittish when accelerating hard.
I love it.....TT's are so last year!! :lol:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Amber said:
Hi all,
I just thought i'd add my pennies worth to this discussion. I have recently sold my AUDI TT 2.0. I really loved the car. However, my whole experience of owning the AUDI was quite simply horrific and I will 'NEVER' buy an AUDI again....this is the comedy of errors that was the audi experience:

* went to collect my ex demo TT from the showroom and saw the tyres peeking out from the cover that was draped over the soon to be mine TT...how exciting... that was where the excitement ended as when they pulled off the cover to reveal my car I was distinctly non-plussed...the car hadn't been valeted, the leather was filthy, the few marks on the paint work hadn't been sorted (as promised), the steel exhausts hadn't been put on..in fact they hadn't done any of the work they agreed to do when I purchased the car. I was now getting a bit angry.

But..to add insult to injury the hand over person, rather than apologise profusely and tell me what he was going to do to resolve the situation, proceeded to blame the salesman..who had been sat about 5 yards away but had now miraculously disappeared...anyway when he reappeared he blamed the 'customer experience' manager. What a bunch of cowboys!! (Crawley cowboys by the way)
Not one of them took responsibility for the situation. SO I told them I wasn't taking the car and that they needed to sort it out...and quickly.

Anyway all that got sorted until winter came and my alloys all started to flake off (I had the most expensive two tone ones). I took the car in, the trusty salesman told me it was their problem, they shouldn't flake and they would sort it. Great...now feeling better about Audi...for about 3 days...when they phoned back and told me it was in fact my problem but that they could do it at cost. Pissed off again now!! SO I paid up ebentually and had then sorted.
Went to pick the car up....alloys all nice and shiny and new.....just like the 3 deep scratches that were now in the middle of the bonnet!!
Can you believe they then tried to tell me this was my fault..it wasn't..the car was immaculate when I left it with them...then they said it was a stone chip..STONE CHIP!!....it looked like a claw hammer had been dragged across it...anyway needless to say the audi has now gone and I wont be visiting one of their showrooms ever again.

Now to the RCZ...I'm not a born and bred Peugeot fan and was prepared to be disappointed but the minute I got in the RCZ I had a grin on my face. Great interior...love the carbon dials...and feels as quick as the TT but nowhere near as skittish when accelerating hard.
I love it.....TT's are so last year!! :lol:

Wow Amber, what a story. Its really not good enough when you pay all that money for a car (or anything come to that) and you don't get the service to back it up. Especially more so, with so called "premium" car manufacturers. Unfortunately, its more a state of how things are now that once companies have your money, they really don't want to know when things go wrong.

Glad to hear though that the RCZ is living up to (and beyond) your expectations. :thumbup: