What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

How to treat your RCZ when it's hot outside

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Hi RCZ fellows!

As we all go through another scorching hot summer (I see almost daily 38-40°C over here in ze Germany) I want to take this opportunity to list few important things which might help your beloved RCZs.

1. When hot, try to keep the fuel level up to maximum. Brim her up. As fuel serves as a coolant to the high pressure pump, a low level of fuel will heat up more quickly then an almost full tank. I wouldn't go below 1/3 of the tank for longer periods at those temperatures. A low volume of fuel will heat up quickly, vaporize (and be returned to the hot tank heating it even more) and cause unnecessary wear of our precious high pressure fuel pump. Unfortunately our RCZ does not have fuel cooler on board. So it is up to us to give her a helping hand.

2. Do not inflate your tyres to the maximum. The heat will add to it, blowing the tyre to pressures which are just unnecessary and even bad for the tyre. Keep in mind, a hot summer like this adds easily about 6-8 PSI to the cold pressure while rolling.

3. Try to hide the cockpit from sun rays as much as you can. This will save the semi-leather dashboard from destructive UV rays. I have never heard about a cracked dashboard in a Peugeot, but it's better not to...

4. Do not push the turbo to the limit. It is already hot in there with normal ambient temperatures around. With almost 40°C outside, give that small but crucial item a break.
When hot I tend to drive with higher rpms + low load. A low load does not cause the turbo to heat up that quickly and the higher revs help oil+coolant to circulate much faster through the engine.
Use downhills to roll in gear to pump air through the engine as well.

That's all what jumps into my mind right now. Please feel free to complete this list :greetings-wavingblue:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
With the aircon on, you can keep an ice lolly in the glovebox.

Just sayin..... :eusa-whistle:

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
With the aircon on, you can keep an ice lolly in the glovebox.

How close is the car to the freezer?
6pm today East side of house under porch in shade horticultural thermometer - 43C.
You might have to sprint or you'll be putting a stick in the glovebox! :twisted:

:lol: :beer:

rcz200it

Reaction score
Never ever switch off engine after just thrashing rcz even more so if the fan is running..

nixel

Reaction score
Hello!
I need some help
the faux leather on the dashboard is being peeled by the sun, how can I stick it back on place?
thanks

Pedro

Reaction score
Sunday spent cleaning & Nourishing all the Leather interior as I do around every 6 months or so because in these temps the stitching can split due to the hides drying out & expanding with the heat which according to a post I read on another site did actually happen before the guy had bought the car & the seller ( garage) tried to fob him off with some bull about it being common with leather interiors on these models ?

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Hello!
I need some help
the faux leather on the dashboard is being peeled by the sun, how can I stick it back on place?
thanks

I would think some sort of contact adhesive would be the best idea. The type that you apply and allow to get almost dry before pressing into place. I think there are various brands such as evostik.

Pedro

Reaction score
Never ever switch off engine after just thrashing rcz even more so if the fan is running..
That is because the Turbo needs to start "cooling down" by allowing the oil to lubricate at a uniformed consistency according to the engine performance schedule this why a lot of Turbos get Killed off easily 😄