What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

How to: Replace side repeaters.

Was this helpful?

• Yes

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Peugeot in their infinite wisdom have made the side repeaters a closed unit. Meaning, that if a bulb goes, you have to replace the whole thing instead of just the bulb.
Fortunately, this is easy to do yourself.
I replaced mine with black ones, but its the same for a direct replacement.

Step one:
Unclip the side repeater.
It has a metal clip at the top and bottom of the unit. The easiest way I have found is to pry it out from the bottom using a small flt head screwdriver and once the bottom is free, you can pull it out with your hands.

Step two:
Unplug it.
Its just an easy black plug. Remove this and the unit is free.

Step three:
Plug in the new unit and then push back into place.
All done.

jactac said:
Definitely worth popping the repeater of every few months and giving the insides a spray of WD40, it's something I will be doing.
A quick & simple bit of maintainance :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Abz nice tip , thanks.
Can I point out though that the insides of your mirror is looking like it is starting to corrode, I've recently had to have mine replaced, and as you are probably aware its a common thing on the Z.

Actually removing the side repeater is a good way of inspecting the internals of the mirror. :thumbup:

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Good point! Ill have a look at that when I get time. Maybe a bit of a clean and some hammerite will fix it for a bit :)

A

Anonymous

Hi,

should I start worrying now?

I have my RCZ for 2 weeks and I'm not happy with what I'm seeing here.
Does anyone knows if this issue is solved on the 2013 models?

Thanks for your answer.
Dafoto

A

Anonymous

Dafoto said:
Hi,

Thanks for your answer.
Dafoto
Don't worry, it was sorted long before yours was conceived

A

Anonymous

I wouldn't worry too much. The common faults exposed within this forum are, by and large, relatively easily resolved. My advice, enjoy the car now and worry about problems IF they present themselves.

A

Anonymous

When mine were changed a couple of months ago the fitter said that a modification to the seal was now being done to any mirrors changed under warranty.
I think this mod basically allows more water to run away from inside the mirror, rather than holding it in too long and allowing the mechanism to corrode.
I think at first it was thought that too much water was running out of the mirrors and causing the white streaks, but in fact the problem was the opposite, the water was staying inside the mirrors too long and pooling around the mechanism.

The fitter did also mention that the mod that is carried out is not a new designed seal but the seal is modified when the mirror is re-assembled, they probably make a cut out in the rubber .
He did say that even some new models were still experiencing this problem as the seal has not been altered, but it is modified when there is a problem.

My own mirrors were in a terrible state, but I did not see that much of the staining, even after 2 years of owning the car.
I took mine in for the creaking and groaning more than anything else, which was another symptom of the corroding.

Abzynthe

Reaction score
I havent noticed any groaning in mine at all, and they both move smootly, so I may be lucky enough to be able to do it myself :) If not I still have 2.5 years of warranty. Its just getting it to Sheffield :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

Dafoto said:
Hi,

Thanks for your answer.
Dafoto
Like the others say, dont worry about it, you may be fine, and if not you have your warranty.
No point in getting them changed if theres no signs of a problem. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Abzynthe said:
I havent noticed any groaning in mine at all, and they both move smootly, so I may be lucky enough to be able to do it myself :) If not I still have 2.5 years of warranty. Its just getting it to Sheffield :eusa-think:

Definitely worth popping the repeater of every few months and giving the insides a spray of WD40, it's something I will be doing.
A quick & simple bit of maintainance :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Abz,
Is there a dedicated "How To" thread for all/any tasks undertaken. :eusa-think:

Abzynthe

Reaction score
No, Just the separate ones I have been making, and the detailing ones from RCZ1. I think when we have too many to sticky, we can create one thread with links or a section :)

Everyone is more than welcome to do some though.

A

Anonymous

Ok,
I just thought that if someone had a particular job in mind they could perhaps search through the "How To", thread and see if that job has been undertaken by someone.
Just a thought.
Mrs H has obviously gone out and let me my own tonight :lol:

Abzynthe

Reaction score
You can type "How to" into the search and it should bring up all the how to's. Its a good idea though. Ill look into it once we have a few more :)

A

Anonymous

Abz,
If you type "how to" in the search bar you get this message:

"The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: how to.
You must specify at least one word to search for. Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards".

I'm guessing someone would need to type in the search bar more or less the same words of the original "how to", for the system to find a close match. :eusa-think:

Abzynthe

Reaction score
It does work if you type in what you want though, even if its not exact. I.e. How to change side repeaters would bring this thread up.