What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

How to : remove or cancel sound system

Sly

Reaction score
Maybe this question has been raised and already replied to : I have searched the forum but did not find a suitable info about it. Does someone know the best way to gently squizz the sound system ? My objective is not to remove it, as I want this car to stay "as is", means : stock. Only reduce the noise inside, if possible totally cancel what is -in fact - artificial. Thank you in advance for kind suggestions & help. (fao : RCZlain - you wrote that you removed it from another car -->maybe some tips for me ?)

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
On the GT 86 it is piped in to the driver's footwell.
Conveniently the spare 12v socket cover fits it perfectly. Some people completely remove them, but when it's as easy as capping the opening why bother? After all it's a reversible 30 second job.

I wonder if there's such an easy solution for the rcz?

Marmite

Reaction score
There is I pipe off the air box that goes into the drivers side bulk head near the pollen filter Iv not tried as I like the induction noise but if you remove it an plug up the pipe from the air box it should quieten it

Sly

Reaction score
Thank you for message. I have made some internet research about it. It seems that majority of cars is fitted with such device. I even mined an article stating that scientists found women were physically responding to such transmitted noise with increased hormonal activity (sorry : missed the link). The patent (where the story starts) is US6551389B2. Thanks to you and some readings, I totally get how it works. I honestly don't get the meaning : why whereas best graduated offer quiet drive experience, other brings noise inside? Even worse, my Espace Renault with 230HP uses loudspeaker to generate 'complementary' sound (fortunately it can be turned off). I will cancel noise transmitter at the earliest on rczr and will share means and result. Of course : this will be fully reversible and invisible.

Sly

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for contribution and help. It is perfect! I think about inserting inside a cartridge made of sound absorber. A 10 cm roll of rockwool, circled into inox mesh should be very efficient for noise (both high to low frequencies) and to prevent smell circulation.
Thank you again.