What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

How to disconnect the negative terminal without taking the battery cover off

Cxngomez

Reaction score
I needed to reset the bsi system on my RCZ but to do so you need to disconnect the negative terminal of the battery got that right and it worked but then to be able to put that awkward battery box back on you have to disconnect the positive terminal which seemed to reset everything and take the bsi system back to not working properly is there any other way of disconnecting the negative terminal without taking the battery cover off?

Pedro

Reaction score
I don't think you can with the battery in situ they are a pain to fiddle with & designed so you have to remove the lot...

MagnaSteyr

Reaction score
Only the positive terminal is designed for quick release. There is no option with the negative terminal other than to remove the casing cover as though you were removing the battery. Once you mastered the process its easy. The electronics are designed to reset after being powered up ... waiting the appropriate time is crucial. (Refer to the Owners Manual which covers this). If a problem remains the issue is elsewhere. Note: reconnecting will often trigger the factory alarm. Have your key ready to press unlock.

indoldn

Reaction score
Yes, definitely no quick option to do that. I've done it multiple times now and as long as you have the right tools, it's not too bad. Here is a link I used