What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

High Pressure Fuel Pump

pfaulkner

Reaction score
Booked the car in on Friday for a replacement HPFP

Is there a diagram of how it fits together and its location I could see anywhere?

Cheers

Last edited:

Pedro

Reaction score
They are easy as long as you take care with disconnecting the alloy fuel pipe union & at the back of the pump the nylon sheathed one which is grey has a white plastic collar which slides off the coupling I took around 1 hr & 35 mins as I encountered a solid electric socket which needed to be lubricated before it finally came apart as far as fitting goes the pump is a single unit so its a bolt off & on Job
Just a precaution to watch out for in the Peugeot data sheets it stresses do not attempt to use any cleaning solutions or dismantle the new unit !
Here is the pump location & I forgot to add the Battery has to come off otherwise the pump won't either !🙂
Good Luck

Attachments

• fuel pump.JPG
    fuel pump.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 23

pfaulkner

Reaction score
Thanks for your helpful reply Pedro.

Dont suppose you have a copy of or know where i can get the full data sheets?

Pedro

Reaction score
There is a post on here about downloading the Peugeot Planet manual but I used emanuals online cost me £9.99 its all in the file just download it off their website you type in make & model or reg & they do the rest its the same Peugeot data & contains all the tech about engine electrics bodywork etc
If you need any more info in the mean time let me know 👍

Pedro

Reaction score
Thanks for your helpful reply Pedro.

Dont suppose you have a copy of or know where i can get the full data sheets?
I have dug these out to give you a better look sorry fro the quality! 🙂

Attachments

• fuel pump.JPG
    fuel pump.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 24
  • fuel pump.JPG
    fuel pump.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 24

pfaulkner

Reaction score
Thanks pedro, are they supposed to be 2 different images?

Pedro

Reaction score
No its my fingers hitting the button twice 🙂 If you are getting the pump yourself or the mechanic is make absolutely certain its the correct one for your engine because when I went to buy the one for mine which I assumed as per the sellers website was the right one it turned out to be wrong so he sent me a different more expensive pump for a mini with the explanation that apparently BMW were fitting these to different variants of the Prince engines (poss to do with the bigger turbo boost pressure needing more fuel?)hence why my part was listed different so make sure before you buy & check it first better to be safe than sorry 👍

pfaulkner

Reaction score
Dont suppose you know which one it is for the 156 petrol?

Thanks for your help :)

Pedro

Reaction score
I will send you a link to where I purchased mine prices will vary depending on the Model I paid £419.00 but that is for the 200 GT which was cheap because I know they can be anywhere up to £700 !
If you have a look on this ebay listing you should get the right one if your unsure contact the seller & he will do it for you as he did with my order

Attachments

• saabtechPSA.JPG
    saabtechPSA.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 15

Pedro

Reaction score
I paid £339.95 a year ago from Neo Bros (www.neobrothers.co.uk) in Waltham Cross in Hertfordshire.

Mine is a standard 156 (10 plate)
Yep still leaves a tidy hole in your wallet I wonder what you would shell out at today's prices especially if you take it to the dealers to have it changed ? Neo Brothers are a mini dealer so that figures I got mine from a company called SaabtechEurope via ebay & the pump arrived with a PSA Mini Label on the box but the BMW Prince Engines are I believe still being fitted by certain manufacturers

pfaulkner

Reaction score
Had a new HPFP fitted today £540 in total which was £240 cheaper than peugeot

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
I hope now you can have many happy miles driving around in a stunning looking car.....
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

Pedro

Reaction score
Had a new HPFP fitted today £540 in total which was £240 cheaper than peugeot
[/QUOTE
Happy days are here again😄 plus it pays to shop around without flying off to a dealer every time the Bleep starts singing on the dash ! 👍