What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

High Performance Ignition Coil / Coil Packs + Sparks

anghel132

Reaction score
Part of the long list of - X needs to be replaced, let's see what performance part I can get for it!

SO Ingition Coils and sparks on the list - what's everyone got and what can you recommend? I hear NGK come up a lot. But what's a performance option?

Pedro

Reaction score
The original coil packs are probably Bosch & are considered long life the plugs (NGK) should be changed around 30.000 klms depending on usage if the car has a remap then these recommendations drop considerably because of the increased loading in the papermakers ie plugs out at possibly 20.000 klms but coil packs only if they are failing badly & its also advised only change these for the original make plus if one fails then change the 4 together not mix & match

anghel132

Reaction score
Thanks Pedro. Definitely looking to futureproof so that's why looking for some performance ones (coils/packs) if there are such a thing?

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score

Pedro

Reaction score
I posted the NGK listings on the site their Iridium plugs give good service but it all depends how much you want to spend

Kerr

Reaction score
I fitted these plugs on my 200 Genuine PSA Spark Plug ILZKBR8C8G | 9677446980 | Neo Brothers

It's standard for the R i think it runs cooler and comes gapped 0.6mm standard, also remember you can buy parts from mini etc same engine
This is the standard plug for the R.

They've come down in price and under £10 each now.

Euro car parts now stock them too. With current discounts they are £63. Carparts4less were around £50 when I bought them last month.

Pedro

Reaction score
My 200GT is running on NGKs & I have used these on numerous models with no issues as for high performance coil packs the original factory fitted Bosch ones in mine have reached 46.000 klm without a glitch can't see the point of spending £100s on track day parts to go from A to B

NF7

Reaction score
My 200GT is running on NGKs & I have used these on numerous models with no issues as for high performance coil packs the original factory fitted Bosch ones in mine have reached 46.000 klm without a glitch can't see the point of spending £100s on track day parts to go from A to B
Thanks for the reply, I guess the Autodoc only has these specific NKGs to be compatible only with the R model, and not the 200 version even though they are apparently compatible without issue.

Pedro

Reaction score
I would imagine they will be fine as long as their Iridium which can withstand the high temps