What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Hi, new RCZ owner!

KMG

Reaction score
My name is Kevin, and I took delivery of my new RCZ (new to me...it's a 2014 1.6 THC 156) a few days ago. I'm still working through the (350 page!) handbook! Quite a step up from my 1998 Fiat Coupe.
I already have a query...I have the 'large' screen on the dash where the rev counter and speedo are, but I don't have the four way button behind the spoiler button near the handbreak. I've worked out that pressing the end of the right column stick cycles the trip meter etc, but how do I access the vehicle configuration menu?
That's assuming that's possible without the four direction button...

Thanks!

Nemi

Reaction score
Check buttons on the media system, you should have either "Setup" or "Menu". Press that button and somewhere over there should be "Vehicle parameters".

KMG

Reaction score
Hi, I'm pretty sure I don't have the media system. Just the radio/ cd player. I definitely don't have the big screen that pops up with sat nav etc either. Just found an aux and usb port in the armrest though.
I suspect from reading the manual that a vehicle configuration menu is only accessible on models with the four way button and maybe also in some other countries.
I seem to have the RD5 Peugeot Connect Sound system, which is fine.
Next time I'm in a Peugeot dealer I'll ask, but I'd say I have no access to vehicle configuration. Unless anyone knows better?
Happy to hear from anyone on here who knows the ins and outs. For example, is the TPMS set to the standard pressures (33f, 29r), or can it be altered/reset?
I have a lot to learn!

Thanks,
Kevin

Last edited:

Anita

Reaction score
Check buttons on the media system, you should have either "Setup" or "Menu". Press that button and somewhere over there should be "Vehicle parameters".
Think they are on the media system - if you play around with it - it takes you into many different places you wouldn't expect ...pretty sure what you're after os there though am not quite sure - I'll be honest - what the vehicle parameters are exactly...I know the media system like I say, has many many roads leading off it when you start fiddling around with it...It's such a great car!!! Nearly a year had mine...I love it..and when I see another one on the motorway or in the Tesco car park like I did Saturday - it's such a great feeling...saw a beautiful deep petrol blue on this Sat just gone... :)

Anita

Reaction score
Hi, I'm pretty sure I don't have the media system. Just the radio/ cd player. I definitely don't have the big screen that pops up with sat nav etc either. Just found an aux and usb port in the armrest though.
I suspect from reading the manual that a vehicle configuration menu is only accessible on models with the four way button and maybe also in some other countries.
I seem to have the RD5 Peugeot Connect Sound system, which is fine.
Next time I'm in a Peugeot dealer I'll ask, but I'd say I have no access to vehicle configuration. Unless anyone knows better?
Happy to hear from anyone on here who knows the ins and outs. For example, is the TPMS set to the standard pressures (33f, 29r), or can it be altered/reset?
I have a lot to learn!

Thanks,
Kevin
Oh sorry - just saw this after replying going on about the media system....lucky you having a handbook! I didn't get one of thise...it's all trial and error at this end..I have a great mechanic who sold it to me - he might be able to help if you get super stuck...he seems to do them up...am in North London - not sure where you are...but they're super nice people and don't take the proverbial...

Nemi

Reaction score
If you have RD5, then press Menu, go to Personalisation-configuration and there you should find vehicle parameters:

Anita

Reaction score
If you have RD5, then press Menu, go to Personalisation-configuration and there you should find vehicle parameters:

Yes!!! This is what I was on about......that's how it is in mine......

KMG

Reaction score
Yes!!! This is what I was on about......that's how it is in mine......
That's really helpful. Thanks!
Reading the manual, it seems to suggest that both front and rear parking sensors are switched on and off with the dash button.
It also says that the rear parking sensors have to be switched on and off via the configuration menu. Because the manual applies to all models, it can be a bit confusing. Not that I'd turn them off...just like to know....
Also, I have a 'hard copy' of the owner's manual, but I also Googled RCZ owner's manual and downloaded one onto my mobile as a pdf.
Tried to upload it, but it's too big at 19.73Mb. Not sure what the limit is...
Go to www.manualslib.com and download.

Thanks!!

Last edited: