What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Hi I'm purchasing a 63 reg gt 200 this Sat in pearlescent white with 29000 on the clock for £8000 FSH 1 owner. Prestige con. Is this a decent buy.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Hi John, welcome to the forum. You should be able to find out most things you need to know on these pages.

The thing is, any car is only worth what your prepared to pay for it. I have seen Z’s going for under £4k which to me is sacrilege (especially when you consider the rear screen is @ £3k on its own to replace !!!).

The condition is everything, most Z’s have been cherished by their owners, but not all, so it’s important to make sure that it’s been mechanically well maintained, and of course the usual checks about accident damage etc.

Have a read through various threads on this forum & you‘ll find a few of the more obvious things to look out for. As it’s a Mk II you don’t need to be quite as concerned as the Mk I owners for things like timing chains, but things like sills & services still need to be ok.

Mine is a 63 plate GT200 with full service history, 1 previous owner, and I would like to think it’s in pretty good condition, although mine has done 48k now. I recently was offered £6.5k trade, so I think given the mileage, condition & service history, plus the fact that as its only had 1 owner means it wasn’t a Friday afternoon special, so £8k is probably fair for a retail price.

To be honest, if you paid twice that much, you still wouldn’t be disappointed in you new Z.

Enjoy 👍

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi John, sounds like you’ve found yourself a nice RCZ there, as for is it a good buy? Well to be honest the RCZ value is at an all Time low at the moment with some crazy cheap cars about but having recently been with a mate of mine scouring the country for a nice clean Diesel RCZ there is a reason the majority of those cars are cheap and that’s that they’re pretty rough and if you find a diamond then your probably going to have to pay a premium for it.
If your looking long term ownership then you’ll get plenty of smile’s for your money but if you look to sell within the next couple of years your going to take a big hit.
If your buying from a dealer get a good warranty thrown in as it could pay dividends in the future.
Good luck with your new RCZ and let us know how you get on.
One last thing before you do the deal just make sure all the jacking points are intact and not damaged as lots are and are costly to repair.

John scott

Reaction score
Thanks guys , I took the car for a good test drive no rattles or knocks and the car felt tight and solid. No brake squeal but a slight pull to the right so there going to sort tracking out. As for jacking points I will check before I hand over the final payment. Cheers and merry Xmas.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there John,
I totally agree with all the things that the above members have mentioned, the jacking points are a must to check, But I would also check that there is no leds out on the middle brake light as this is also a common issue with the replacement cost of the light unit is a little over £200 to replace and then there's the cost of having it fitted.
But don't be put off buying a beautiful looking car the Rcz...
Happy Christmas and New year
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

Mrrcz

Reaction score
hi John I paid £8,500 this july for my rcz 14 plate 2.0 HDI with 26,000 miles. Mine is white. the only thing I've done is private reg for it. I've only had a couple problems, when u brake it squeaks and is a bit annoying. the other was a blown fuse for window washer. watch out for pot holes as u will think u have driven into a sink hole lol.