What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Hi everyone - spare wheel question

Warner

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I recently purchased a 2013 RCZ and I still cant keep the smile off my face, luv it. I had a silly question as I didnt realise that it doesnt come with a spare wheel and so wanted to ask what everyone normally does re spare wheels and the best solution ?

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum
Safest way is to get a spare wheel as the foam stuff is no good as if you use it on a flat tyre you will need to buy a new tyre as it makes such a mess garages will not repair them...
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Welcome 🖖🏻.

There are quite a few threads on here regarding the spare wheel issue. I’ve had my Z for @ 8 years and never had a spare, but I know a lot of people prefer to have that peace of mind.

Here’s an example for you… Spare wheel - Solutions available

2retro

Reaction score
You wouldn't catch me trying to jack up the car with some crapy little jack at the side of a busy road and swapping a 19" wheel - I would rather stick with the compressor and foam option the car came with! :D

Zagato Bubble

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I recently purchased a 2013 RCZ and I still cant keep the smile off my face, luv it. I had a silly question as I didnt realise that it doesnt come with a spare wheel and so wanted to ask what everyone normally does re spare wheels and the best solution ?
Hi, like you I am a new owner of an RCZ. Really love it and can`t get the smile off my face. I managed to get an 18 inch original road wheel and good tyre off that `well known auction` site. It fits perfectly into the spare wheel well in the boot. I also got a wheel wrench and a 2 ton scissor jack so the peace of mind with all this is very satisfying. The 19 inch wheel is a bit of a struggle to fit into the well apparently, although I read somewhere if you let some air out it would squeeze in. Hope this helps.

Damo

Reaction score
Bought a 19” space saver kit for £80 on line a lot I know , but have tried the foam in the past and not a fan. The space saver fits into the tyre well without issue. Happy driving 😀

numpty58

Reaction score
buy a spacesaver from ebay and a 2 ton trolley jack from halfords or ebay. get a low profilke one so it fits under the cross bars between the wjheels front and back. never use the jacking points at the side of the car as these are just papier mache.
just make sure you get the correct nut spacing on the wheels, there are plenty of threads giving the correct detail.
my spacesaver and trolley jack fit neatly into the boot well.

JC1

Reaction score
I got a spare from a 406, fits the rear only tho.

jim.2007

Reaction score
buy a spacesaver from ebay and a 2 ton trolley jack from halfords or ebay. get a low profilke one so it fits under the cross bars between the wjheels front and back. never use the jacking points at the side of the car as these are just papier mache.
just make sure you get the correct nut spacing on the wheels, there are plenty of threads giving the correct detail.
my spacesaver and trolley jack fit neatly into the boot well.
where do you jack? i use wood where the jacking poits used to be, couldnt work any where else to safely jack up?