What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

hi all newbie

Patch

Reaction score
hi,coming up for retirement and always loved the look of the rcz and have chance of buying one a 2011 200 petrol but been looking at the reviews and forums saying how unreliable they are,can anyone put my mind at rest,thanks.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Welcome 👋

As has been pointed out many times on these pages, people tend to come to forums when they have issues with their car. The 90% of people who don’t have anything wrong never go looking for forums such as this.
This of course leads to an imbalance of members to problems ratio.
Yes, a lot of people on here have had issues with their cars but if you look at any manufacturers forums you would see exactly the same. Merc forums aren’t full of members singing the praises of their cars, they’re all on there cos they’ve had something go wrong.

I’ve had mine for over 7 years now, and until the beginning of this year it’s been the most reliable car I’ve ever had. I had a couple of problems this year that have been sorted with a simple part replacement & it’s driving like an F1 car now.

The age of the car you’re looking at would make me wonder if a third party warranty might be an idea. Any machinery that is approaching 10 years old is more likely to have failures than something much newer, so just something to bear in mind when looking.
If of course you are handy with a spanner, it’s probably nothing to worry about anyway 🤔

If they still made them, I would have bought a brand new R by now.

Patch

Reaction score
Welcome 👋

As has been pointed out many times on these pages, people tend to come to forums when they have issues with their car. The 90% of people who don’t have anything wrong never go looking for forums such as this.
This of course leads to an imbalance of members to problems ratio.
Yes, a lot of people on here have had issues with their cars but if you look at any manufacturers forums you would see exactly the same. Merc forums aren’t full of members singing the praises of their cars, they’re all on there cos they’ve had something go wrong.

I’ve had mine for over 7 years now, and until the beginning of this year it’s been the most reliable car I’ve ever had. I had a couple of problems this year that have been sorted with a simple part replacement & it’s driving like an F1 car now.

The age of the car you’re looking at would make me wonder if a third party warranty might be an idea. Any machinery that is approaching 10 years old is more likely to have failures than something much newer, so just something to bear in mind when looking.
If of course you are handy with a spanner, it’s probably nothing to worry about anyway 🤔

If they still made them, I would have bought a brand new R by now.
Hi DKZ5745 thanks for your reply and I get what your saying going to look at it next week anything major I should look for I know they have issues with timing chains and tensioner anymore issues I should look for cheers.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there and welcome to the forum and one thing that I think 🤔 you should look at is the jacking points as if these have not been jacked by the correct points then they fold like cheese 🧀...... Also check out the middle brake light for LEDs not working as a replacement one is £200...... Full service history a must...
Happy viewing and hunting for your perfect RCZ...
P. S. Don't rule out the Hdi...
Stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

DKZ5745

Reaction score
So, as mentioned above, plus check for fault codes stored. Sensors are quite cheap, but a known issue as the car gets older. HPFP is an expensive repair, but will always be shown by some sort of EML or misfire, although this can also be coil packs, so a good test drive is a must. Don’t be afraid to give it a good press on the loud pedal.
Just don’t be blown away by the looks and buy it regardless. There are lemons out there, but there are some really good buys too, you get a lot of car for your money with a Z. 👍

George123

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome to the forum and one thing that I think 🤔 you should look at is the jacking points as if these have not been jacked by the correct points then they fold like cheese 🧀...... Also check out the middle brake light for LEDs not working as a replacement one is £200...... Full service history a must...
Happy viewing and hunting for your perfect RCZ...
P. S. Don't rule out the Hdi...
Stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co
Exactly as DKZ5745 said, most often people hint out and post on forums when they are experiencing problems and searching for solutions. And as Verminator says- don’t rule out the hdi. It’s a well proven motor.
whichever you go for I’m sure you will love. They are cracking fun to drive, and are bite-the-back-of-your-hand beautiful.
The bonus is being a member of a forum like this, which in my experience has been nothing but friendly, helpful and informative.
All the best.

Marmite

Reaction score
I have a R an had a few problems after 6 months and it was all down to poor service leaving a plug loose and a vacuum pipe off after a turbo rebuild at £150 it had a water leak on the main bearing , iv had it 18 months now and have no intention of selling it , I think it’s one of most beautiful cars ever made at the money