What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Help

Lisaal123

Reaction score
Hey there,

Ive had my beautiful Rcz for 8 months now and for some reason the radio will not connect with my phone via Bluetooth nor will it allow me to delete any of the paired phones can anyone help please sick of listening to the radio

Thanks in advanve

DKZ5745

Reaction score
You could try resetting the head unit. I’m not sure if I remember correctly, but I think it’s as simple as pressing and holding in the eject button until the radio goes off and comes back on.

This is the procedure (as far as I remember) for the RT6 head unit. It may differ for other types.

2retro

Reaction score
Is the Bluetooth screen on the dash all kind of greyed out and no longer selectable?

Lisaal123

Reaction score
You could try resetting the head unit. I’m not sure if I remember correctly, but I think it’s as simple as pressing and holding in the eject button until the radio goes off and comes back on.

This is the procedure (as far as I remember) for the RT6 head unit. It may differ for other types.

My rcz is a 12plate so I believe it isn't the RT6 I've tried everything wont even pair with my sons phone and he's on the list of paired phones nor will it allow me to delete said paired devices

Lisaal123

Reaction score
Is the Bluetooth screen on the dash all kind of greyed out and no longer selectable?
No its fine but doesn't allow me to delete paired devices my phone finds bt radio but it always fails

DKZ5745

Reaction score
After a bit of research, If yours is the NG4 the reset procedure is:-

Hold the round-shaped volume / mute button (to the left of the large dial in the middle) AND the CD Eject button in together for at least 15 seconds. That should cause the unit to reset.

Lisaal123

Reaction score
After a bit of research, If yours is the NG4 the reset procedure is:

Hold the round-shaped volume / mute button (to the left of the large dial in the middle) AND the CD Eject button in together for at least 15 seconds. That should cause the unit to reset.
Unfortunately this didn't work 😔

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I have searched the interweb thingy for a fault similar to yours, but can’t find anything that might help you. Perhaps another member in here that has the same head unit as you might be able to shed some light on the subject. Maybe a full factory reset? I don’t know how to do that on your system.

I did read that some information from your unit is stored in the cars bsi. Maybe a bsi reset will clear the issue?

If you want to do a bsi reset yourself, here is the procedure :-

Put the driver’s window down, lift the bonnet and ensure all
equipment is switched off.
Ensure all doors are closed and remove key from the
ignition.
Wait for 3 minutes, disconnect the vehicle battery and wait
15 seconds.
Reconnect the vehicle battery, wait a further 10 seconds (do
not open doors.)
Switch on the side lights through the driver's window.
Switch on the ignition and check system’s functionality.
Hold lock button on key down for 10 seconds.
remove key open & close door test central locking system
Start the engine and complete the system’s check.
Failure to follow this procedure could result in incorrect operation of many
BSI related items.

lets hope this does the trick. If it does please let us know so it might help others in the future.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I just found this on a French Citroen site, my translation might not be perfect though, and Im not even sure they were definitely talking about the same head unit as yours, but try pressing buttons 1, 2 & 3 in and a hidden menu should appear. From this you should be able to navigate to find factory reset, probably somewhere in settings. This will wipe ALL stored info from your unit, so it should clear the Bluetooth connections & hopefully leave the unit able to connect to your phone.
Let us know how you get on 👍

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
As far as I know you can’t stream music from your phone to the NG4, do you have a owners manual? It’s not the easiest unit to navigate through so your probably doing something wrong?

Lisaal123

Reaction score
As far as I know you can’t stream music from your phone to the NG4, do you have a owners manual? It’s not the easiest unit to navigate through so your probably doing something wrong?
I did with my other phone and my sons phone but not it always fails when pairing

2retro

Reaction score
Yes you can stream music to it because I had one. Funnily enough the Bluetooth module within it also packed up so I ended up swapping the whole stereo for something newer than the turn of the century! Makes one think the Bluetooth features on these are prone to failing...