What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Help ! Possible AIR LEAK

RonnieEssex

Reaction score
where can I find a diagram of the vacuum hoses on my 1600cc petrol engine I think I’ve got an AIR LEAK .& being female I need help 🙏 I fitted a new air intake hose but now the car is idling irratically when engines warm

Pedro

Reaction score
Air intake configuration If No EML light on dash retighten all the hose clips & check any electrical sockets that have been disconnected ?

Attachments

• engine.PNG
    engine.PNG
    230.9 KB · Views: 32

RonnieEssex

Reaction score
I’ve got no light come on at all but yesterday the ‘top up coolant’ warning came on but I filled it last week 🤔

Pedro

Reaction score
Coolant low warning light usually spells a leak & the main culprits on these Engines is the thermostat housing unless its elsewhere?
You never by any chance accidentally loosened any coolant hoses by mistake :oops:
Let me know if you need the diagrams for thermostat tank 👌

RonnieEssex

Reaction score
Aww !!! Since I changed the air intake hose my thermostat isn’t working 🤔 ... it normally sits at 90 but don’t move at all now .. yes please any help appreciated..

Pedro

Reaction score
Assuming you have had no work done to the cooling system it might be the thermostat Tank leaking top up the bottle & warm the car up with the cap off but keep filling up as it goes down if it continues to lose coolant you need to check to see if the Tank is leaking but don't drive the car without coolant in the bottle
You will probably need to let a mechanic have a look at it to make certain its a system leak & not a blown head gasket hence the warning about driving it with an empty expansion bottle ⚠️
Here is where the Thermostat tank is positioned below the Air intake pipes above gear box clutch housing

Attachments

• coolant 4.JPG
    coolant 4.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 22
  • coolant housing.PNG
    coolant housing.PNG
    395.6 KB · Views: 22