What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Help please : Blank screen and nothing work on RT6 audio unit

dtnattawit

Reaction score
Hi, everyone
I'm a newbie from Thailand :)
My bro's RCZ has a serious problem on RT6 audio unit and pop-up display as blank screen with backlight, headunit keeps trying to eject a CD every 10 seconds or so. cannot do clock, wiper nor parking sensor setting. No resets have worked.
AD in Thailand only said it need entire replacement that quite expensive but I found in some thread that it may be software issue and can be fixed with 2.85 or 2.86 firmware update.
I have some questions
- How can I update the firmware with the blank screen? Does it automatically update only I plug the USB ?
- Firmware 2.85 or 2.86 which one is better, does it matter?

Dtnat :)

indoldn

Reaction score
HI Dtnat, welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, the issue with pop up display is very common and likely to do with a cable issue. I don't think you can easily buy it and if you ask Peugeot they would say you need to replace the whole unit. There are some posts here on what could be done. I have similar issue, most of the time it flickers and from time to time it goes blank. I am going to cut the cable tie first to see if it helps.

For upgrade have a look at a post by tianorth How To Update The RT6 System - Guide

Most issues you can search here. There is also a FB group.

dtnattawit

Reaction score
HI Dtnat, welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, the issue with pop up display is very common and likely to do with a cable issue. I don't think you can easily buy it and if you ask Peugeot they would say you need to replace the whole unit. There are some posts here on what could be done. I have similar issue, most of the time it flickers and from time to time it goes blank. I am going to cut the cable tie first to see if it helps.

For upgrade have a look at a post by tianorth How To Update The RT6 System - Guide

Most issues you can search here. There is also a FB group.

Thanks for sharing, Indoldn :)
From my assumption, I have both display and RT6 issue. So I need to fix the display first then update the RT6 firmware, is that right?

indoldn

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing, Indoldn :)
From my assumption, I have both display and RT6 issue. So I need to fix the display first then update the RT6 firmware, is that right?

Yes, you would need to fix the display first. If I ever get time to do this myself I may try to video the process.

I love my RCZ

Reaction score
Hi, everyone
I'm a newbie from Thailand :)
My bro's RCZ has a serious problem on RT6 audio unit and pop-up display as blank screen with backlight, headunit keeps trying to eject a CD every 10 seconds or so. cannot do clock, wiper nor parking sensor setting. No resets have worked.
AD in Thailand only said it need entire replacement that quite expensive but I found in some thread that it may be software issue and can be fixed with 2.85 or 2.86 firmware update.
I have some questions
- How can I update the firmware with the blank screen? Does it automatically update only I plug the USB ?
- Firmware 2.85 or 2.86 which one is better, does it matter?

Dtnat :)
Hi Dtnat,

did you solve the retractable screen problem?

I have similar difficulties after the last iOS 13.5.1 update, even after unpairing, turning off bluetooth and Iphone. If I don't have my Iphone in the car, everything works perfectly. So far I haven’t needed to update the RT6.

Does anyone have any advice?

Omseebii

Reaction score
Hi

I have a 308 2013 with blank screen , radio not working , odometer on km seems like a common problem but I don’t know the solutions…
Anyone know how to fix it