What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Help identifying torx rear caliper holder?

Silverbullit

Reaction score
Can anyone help identify the Torx size/name for the rear caliper holder Torx.
It is not TX45... (Unfortunately it spun and rounded the inside of the head somewhat...) it is larger than what I have, could it be T50 or something weird specifically to mess with tools like yours truly?

I insert a few pictures (YES I wirebrushed and sprayed break cleaner/wd40 a couple of times repeatedly... during 3 days, 4 including today. 😭)

I'd appreciate any help from you forummates expertized in the RCZ,
/Silverbullit

Attachments

• 20221114_220003.jpg
    20221114_220003.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 20221114_220220.jpg
    20221114_220220.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Pedro

Reaction score
They look seized & solid you may need to heat them up & maybe hammer a smaller sized Torx socket into the head but keep soaking them in release oil leaving for about 10-20 mins for the oil to seep into the threads?
I thought they were T30 ?

Silverbullit

Reaction score
They look seized & solid you may need to heat them up & maybe hammer a smaller sized Torx socket into the head but keep soaking them in release oil leaving for about 10-20 mins for the oil to seep into the threads?
I thought they were T30 ?
Yo mate,
well the T45 is to small.
Living in a small town in the Northern part of Sweden (Think same Meridian/Climate as Alaska) I don't hav many local shops that might have tools in store, and pricey at that so I wanted to ask you mates before I crack my wallet open and let the Termites escape starvation 😬
I'll go for the T50 I guess.

Thanks for the oil & spank suggestion, I'll get a power torx if availible so I can spank it in place and with some luck loosen the bolts to the holder of the Caliper...

May the force be with you mate,
/Sweden