What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Help! Cold start ⇨ Amber Engine: P1336, P1337, P1338 & fan on high

robdean

Reaction score
RCZ GT THP 156
Cold start, took several tries to run.
Engine sounds ok, but fan permanently high, amber engine light 'needs repair' message, ODB codes P1336, P1337, P1338
The AA suggest it might clear if I drive it a couple of times but the high fan makes me anxious.
I'm not a mechanic.
Should I try clearing the codes & try driving it again, or take it to a garage?

Advice sincerely appreciated!

Flanners

Reaction score
Fuel pump...............good bet if it has not been changed out already.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
RCZ GT THP 156
Cold start, took several tries to run.
Engine sounds ok, but fan permanently high, amber engine light 'needs repair' message, ODB codes P1336, P1337, P1338
The AA suggest it might clear if I drive it a couple of times but the high fan makes me anxious.
I'm not a mechanic.
Should I try clearing the codes & try driving it again, or take it to a garage?

Advice sincerely appreciated!
The fan coming on is a default safety setting if your car starts and runs ok it won’t hurt to take it for a run.

Pedro

Reaction score
Yes correct but also camshaft position sensor can trigger those codes really yes really !!! ?????

robdean

Reaction score
Thank you all for the suggestions.
The garage suspect a problem with a valve in the vvt.
However I have taken the the car home whilst waiting for the part, have driven it 100 miles, the engine light has stayed off off, the fan is acting normal & the car seems absolutely fine.
My inclination is that, unless a garage OBD rescan still shows an active fault, that I don't proceed with the part replacement, but I'd be grateful for advice based on the experience & expertise you all have.