What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Help? Baby car seat?!

A

Anonymous

Hi all,

Just brought my 2nd rcz. But I have a slight problem, my sister had a baby about 4 weeks ago, she does not drive so if we go out it's going be in my car. She is quiet tall and struggled getting in and out if the back of the car I had before.

My question is : can anyone recommend a reasonably price baby car seat that fits in the back? :eusa-think:

If you can help it is much appreciated!

Thanks. :D

Abzynthe

Reaction score
I have a recaro baby seat in the back of mine. But it is only suitable for babies over 9kg. I didnt put my daughter in the back of my car when she needed a rear facing seat as it was not safe to do so with the seat we had. When I was looking in kiddicare, they do not sell any rear facing seats suitable for the z.
But you could always put the baby seat on the passenger seat (with the airbag off) and your sister in the seat behind.

A

Anonymous

Abzynthe said:
I have a recaro baby seat in the back of mine. But it is only suitable for babies over 9kg. I didnt put my daughter in the back of my car when she needed a rear facing seat as it was not safe to do so with the seat we had. When I was looking in kiddicare, they do not sell any rear facing seats suitable for the z.
But you could always put the baby seat on the passenger seat (with the airbag off) and your sister in the seat behind.

You might be in for a bit of tricky one then buddy because it is my understanding that the law changes imminently to require any child up to 15 months or up to 13kgs to be in a rear facing seat.

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/7331866

Abzynthe

Reaction score
I think there is some leeway if you already fit the current requirements.

A

Anonymous

Abzynthe said:
I think there is some leeway if you already fit the current requirements.

Let me know if you find anything out about that because I can't find anything. We rejected a different base because we didn't feel it necessary for it to be rear facing for the next staged seat but now it looks like we will have to replace the base as well as upgrade the seat. Bloody hell!!

A

Anonymous

When bought mine to take my niece for a ride, the only options were the ones to be fitted in the front seat. Other problem is that when the staff member from ToysRUs tried other models, most of them were discarded as suitable because of the seat's shape. Peugeot have some options, but I rhink they're too expensive and depending on the way you adjust the front seats, no even a doll could seat in the back. Best option would be one for the front seat and them move it to allow someone to sit in the back, but as you're aware, it takes some work to get in. When replacing my speakers, I bet the neighbours had the time of their lives watching me trying to access the back seat. I'm 1.84m. Hope you find a solution.

A

Anonymous

A

Anonymous

Mine fits its a Recaro profi plus cost £90 and it won best in a crash test!

A

Anonymous

Thanks all for your replys - I didn't think about the baby when I brought the car :eusa-think: I think this weekend is going to be car seat shopping !

A

Anonymous

Hi all, having a nightmare.

Just tried the car seat my sister has ( a mother care one) and it won't fit. I can't even get it in the back. My sister is to talk to get in the back. Will keep you updated!

A

Anonymous

If you go to Mothercare then they will test any seat you like in the car with you and check that it sits appropriately.

A

Anonymous

Have you tried Maxi Cosi Pebble (Group 0) with the Isofix base? We still have a Base + Pearl (Group 1 - up to 4 y/o) in the loft but it's the Pebble you need for the age of your sister's child...

EDIT - looks like Pebble will fit front seat with airbag deactivated using seat belt fitting (you don't need the isofix base)

BUT the newer 2-way Fix base looks like it will fit the rear seats with Isofix and Pebble seat so it depends what you want. The AxissFix looks like a good idea too as bear in mind your back when lifting seat+child in and out or the nightmare of trying to strap them in, in a confined space!

Try for yourself here - http://www.maxi-cosi.com/car-seats/car- ... -list.aspx

Not directly related to the above, due to the ages involved, but we have fitted x2 Maxi Cosi Rodifix (for our 4 year olds) in the back of mine several times now, so I can confirm that the Rodifix model definitely does fit... but it makes me wonder whether the other models might work too (Halfords/Mothercare would be an easy way to check)... problem with a car the size of the RCZ is that you end up with the seat fairly far forward, ok for short journey but I would't want to go long distance (am 5'10). That said, with only 1 child, you can move the pax seat fairly far forward an still fit someone in, as they don't need to use the pedals!

BabyseatRCV

Reaction score
Hi all, I know this is now an old post, but I just wanted to ask if anyone has had better luck with the newer carseats to fit the back seats of the RCV rear facing using the isofix with a base? Huge thanks in advance.

smiddlemass

Reaction score
Hi has anyone had any recent luck with newer style baby car seats ? My baby is 18 months . Thanks