What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Help/advice on Spring compression tool/procedure

Silverbullit

Reaction score
Howdy mates,
Sweden here and fresh RCZ owner 😃

Just found the inspection protocol with remark "crack in front left spring",
I presume this would be the coil spring?

Also I had a peugeot 605 way back and I think it required some spring compression tool (McPherson?) and I fear it is needed for my wonderful RCZ also?

I would greatly appreciate any tips/recommendations for a cheapskate compression tool that could get the job done, as in I need your help mates!

Or any alternative solutions...
(Any compression-tool equipped forummates in Piteå/Norrfjärden by any chance? 🥳)

I cant find any instruction videos on the ytube specifically to the RCZ, is it similar to the 308?

Thanks for your time and expertize mates!

May the force be with you,
/Silverbullit

Pedro

Reaction score
Most spring changeovers are the same for most cars try autodoc vids on you tube to give you some ideas but don't skimp on cheap compressors for this job its very dangerous if it goes wrong I know from past experience how fast a spring will travel if it gets free of the tool & you could suffer serious injury I would buy a pair of heavy duty clamps then you will feel a lot safer doing the job & always tighten in sequence making the clamps compress equally on both sides but more importantly never use an impact gun to tighten the spring down

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Too true better having two eyes than none
Use the tools for the job and don't look for a cheap fix

Silverbullit

Reaction score
Trying to read up on coil springs and shock absorbers.

What brand of springs/shock absorbers is best for our RZC's?

Bilstein and KYB seems to take many first places in various tests, are they the top choices?

Thanks for your feedback mates, greatly appreciated!!! 🙂

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
The originals are manufactured by Bilstein so I would stick with these👍

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Neilgsxr69!

Valuable knowledge, Im goingvwith Bilstein then!!! 👍🥳👍
I actually went for the Bilstein B14 coilover kit to replace the originals specifically set up for the RCZ and make a massive difference over stock