What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Hello- looking to buy an RCZ in the next few months

sean

Reaction score
Hi im going to be geet an RCZ shortly but a few questions I'm 6ft 3 so concerned about the head room, also do the autos come with paddle shift i do like the paddles on my a3 would hate to go back to manual but wouldnt want full auto.

thanks

Sean

Pedro

Reaction score
Im 6'3" & the only thing I discovered after I bought mine is they are soooo low for us tall people !
Don't know about any paddles on RCZ s so I cannot comment but they are a decent motor if looked after & they will turn heads a lot more than any Audi !!😄👍

sean

Reaction score
Thanks, yes I agree they are much better looking than the a3, and the tt always liked the rcz but only now is it practical for me to get one.

Pedro

Reaction score
When I was looking to trade in my old motor there were 3 Zs in the garage so I chose the one with the lowest mileage & the better looking of the 3 I've had it around nearly 3 yrs & when I drove home after the garage had give it their version of a full service it I knew straight away the air filter was blocked because I could swear it was towing a caravan ! I gave it a full service ( K&N fast flow filter) stuck a quad exhaust under it changed all the breaks also a map sensor & just changed the fuel pump now it growls like it was built yesterday I've had 22 cars in my lifetime some were iconic in their time but this RCZ is one of the best looking I have ever owned

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Go to a dealer who has one for sale and try one out for size there is loads of adjustments in the seat especially the electric ones I’m sure you will find a comfy position

sean

Reaction score
Yeah once I have the cash saved I'm going to start looking around the dealers, will be my divorce present to myself lol, so since my soon to be ex destroyed my credit rating I've got save for it so the r is out of the question, will have around 7k to play with what model is the best not counting the r.
Thanks.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Well I have two Hdi and just love them there's a lot more out there than before and the price is not going to break the bank just check history timing chain 🔗 jacking points and middle brake light. You can get a good well looked after for your money..
Happy hunting...
Les n Co

sean

Reaction score
Well I have two Hdi and just love them there's a lot more out there than before and the price is not going to break the bank just check history timing chain 🔗 jacking points and middle brake light. You can get a good well looked after for your money..
Happy hunting...
Les n Co
So they have timing chains nd not belts, I thought chains were supposed to last the life of the car?

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Not on petrol read a lot of posts about the timing tensioners going and the rattle on cold start been a sign that it needs changing Hdi belt and its known to be a bullet proof engine
163bhp not to be laughed at too.

sean

Reaction score
Not on petrol read a lot of posts about the timing tensioners going and the rattle on cold start been a sign that it needs changing Hdi belt and its known to be a bullet proof engine
163bhp not to be laughed at too.
163 bhp very nice, my a3 is only 140 ish and that's quick off the mark. I'd prefer to stay with diesel too, much better road tax and do quite a lot of motorway driving so works out a lot cheaper than petrol.
What's comes as standard on these? Been looking on the internet but can't seem to find any information.

Pedro

Reaction score
Yeah once I have the cash saved I'm going to start looking around the dealers, will be my divorce present to myself lol, so since my soon to be ex destroyed my credit rating I've got save for it so the r is out of the question, will have around 7k to play with what model is the best not counting the r.
Thanks.
If you want a petrol model find a decent 200 GT & get the wallet out as this is the about the best of the bunch for power (except the R) & its suspension is in a league of its own when it comes to handling the car 🙂

sean

Reaction score
If you want a petrol model find a decent 200 GT & get the wallet out as this is the about the best of the bunch for power (except the R) & its suspension is in a league of its own when it comes to handling the car 🙂
I can't see any 200 gt on autotrader does it go by any other name?