What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

hello all im new hear had my rcz a few years now BUT now have an issue and need advice/help

gilly71270

Reaction score
hi again many thanks for letting me join.
i have a 2010 rcz hdi gt recently the engine warning light has come on
on having it scanned was told that it needed a new turbo pressure sensor this was checked and a loose pipe found fixed pipe light off
10 miles down the road lights back on again { runs/drives/starts great no smoke }
scanned again came up with egr fault still runs /drives great
garage tells me it needs a complete new egr unit ?
problem is the engine warning light can stay off for days the all of a sudden comes back on ! but still runs/drives great ??
any of you guys and girls had this issue ??
thanks all
stay safe

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there and welcome to the forum I am sure it won't be long before someone on her helps you out as a good bunch of RCZers...
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

Pedro

Reaction score
my son who is a mechanic/tech takes his for a spin when his needs cleaning out seems to do the trick Try to clean it there are a few cleaners out there that disperse the sooty deposits inside the system or cheaper still take it for a red line blow out on the motorway that way the exhaust should reach red hot temp & help to clean out the crap

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes does sound like it just needs a good long blast now and again, short journeys do tend to clog up the dpf and egr.