What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Hello!! Active Spoiler Issue

SkyPilotZA

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a 2011 RCZ 209THP, all the bells and whistles, save SatNav (which I hear is not great in any event).

The active spoiler seems to not extend at speed. Deploying the spoiler manually works, but at speed, then disappears. If left in Auto mode, once reaching 155km/h, I get a warning that the spoiler was not extended, and that I should reduce speed. When trying to extend the spoiler manually at speed, it extends and then retracts again.

Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, are there things I can look at myself before having to take my car to Peugeot and have them look at it?

Thanks in advance for the assistance!

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
May need a BSI reset, do a search and I’m sure you’ll find the process to go through to do this

SkyPilotZA

Reaction score
Hi there Neil,

Many thanks for your reply. Please excuse my ignorance, but what is a BSI Reset? In the meantime, I shall definitely do a search as you recommend. However, my initial search didn't return too much of use, except for bring me to this forum!

Thanks a lot!

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
BSI reset is basically following a battery disconnection/re-connection procedure.
Emphasis on the word "following".

SkyPilotZA

Reaction score
Hi there Iain,

Thanks for your reply - I've had a browse around, and found the procedure - when they speak of times between performing the next actions, are those times to be strictly adhered to, or can those times be seen as minimum intervals?

Best wishes

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
I always followed it to the letter.
Having owned lots of Peugeots in the past, I discovered they're pretty good at breaking themselves. I didn't really want to help them.

SkyPilotZA

Reaction score
Methinks it would be better then to have the experts look at it then. I'd really not like to break my otherwise perfect car....