What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Heating just not Heating

RCZAuto

Reaction score
Have had cooling system issues this year! My 2014 1.6 THP 156 (petrol) had to have a new water pump due leak and then thermostat housing however, now finding that cabin heating just not heating up despite engine temp ok and coolant levels max. What do you think? (There is a Peugeot recall o/s for software update to ‘optimise’ cooling system).

Pedro

Reaction score
Air lock is possible cause the recall affected very early models I doubt your is affected they also changed the Thermostat tank setup by removing the bleed valve & adding the Thermostat sensor including extra long length connection tails to reach the plug socket If the tank was changed the system gets a vacuum which needs releasing through the header tank Peugeot MDs leave the cars standing overnight to allow the air to escape mine took around 2 days of topping up before it settled back to normal

RCZAuto

Reaction score
Have passed your points onto mechanic. Did end up buying original housing from MD as well as the extra connection cables. Concern is that heating was u/s before tank was replaced. Thoughts if that was the case?

Pedro

Reaction score
Have passed your points onto mechanic. Did end up buying original housing from MD as well as the extra connection cables. Concern is that heating was u/s before tank was replaced. Thoughts if that was the case?
If Air Con is working OK then changing the thermostat should cure the problem but you might have to if the airlock fails to clear bleed the heater matrix there are a few tricks to go at if the heater is still having issues
Take expansion bottle cap off & switch heating controls full on then leave the car running until the coolant starts to boil over if this fails then take the car for a short run with the cap loose on the bottle & if its still not cured it bleed out the Matrix then repeat the first stage

RCZAuto

Reaction score
so the update is that thermo tank/housing now changed and heating is better but not quite 100%. Have it booked in for the Recall/Water Pump-software check to see any difference although mines a 2014 and you did say it only affected early models. Then will have to see what next/else can be done, inc airlocks/heater matrix etc.

Pedro

Reaction score
You may need to check the actual Temp on all the vents with a digital thermometer My suspicions are its possible Air/Con or worst case scenario the Matrix is causing issues also is the Cabin filter is in place correctly(the right way round?) as these can affect the Airflow through into the system

Bobby D

Reaction score
Hi. I had the same problem, changed the heater matrix but problem not solved. It turned out the heating system needed bleeding. I put a thread on this forum but in a nutshell - there is a bleeding point on the heater pipes as they pass through the bulkhead. They are behind the air filter box which you have to remove. 1 hr job with a bit of help. Good luck.

Mandy84

Reaction score
Have had cooling system issues this year! My 2014 1.6 THP 156 (petrol) had to have a new water pump due leak and then thermostat housing however, now finding that cabin heating just not heating up despite engine temp ok and coolant levels max. What do you think? (There is a Peugeot recall o/s for software update to ‘optimise’ cooling system).

Did you resolve this problem? Im going through the same thing. I've recent changed my thermostat housing due to coolant leak. But my heating is not working still.

RCZAuto

Reaction score
Hi and yes, finally.
All above checks done for Bleeding/air locks etc and even the MD recall check, all to no avail.
Final option was to change the heater matrix and - It worked.