What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Heated seats

A

Anonymous

Wasn't sure where to put this so hope it's right.

Does anybody else find that the dial turns itself on. Or should I say I end up turning it on somehow and only realise when it's taking ages for the engine to warm up.

Is there a way to deactivate it as it's not something I ever use? Or would the best way be to remove the fuse? If so does anybody know which one it is?

Cheers

Sent from my BV6000 using Tapatalk

DKZ5745

Reaction score
This topic has been covered a few times before, or rather the question of whether the heated seat dial turns itself off when the car is turned off.

The positioning of the dial means that when you get in & out of the car, your leg catches the dial and turns it on, or off.

I am not sure why you think that the seat heater causes your car engine to take longer to heat up? :eusa-think:

Woodso

Reaction score
Hi,

I am new to the forum but I have stumbled across this thread this morning as I have been scratching my head about this for a week or so.

I work on a late shift and I don't finish until midnight, so what I have been doing is when I arrive at work, I put the heated seat dial to 3 so when I get in I hoped I would get a nice warm bum for the short drive home.

When I finish I just jump in and set off but after a couple of minutes I realise the seat's aren't getting warm and the dial is at zero, I thought it was me.

Just been to the local shop which is 10 min's away, set off with dial on 3 arrived with it the same as I checked as I closed the door, got back to the car after 5 mins and it was on 2, got in sat down, checked again and it was on 0. Put back to 3 drove for 10 mins with my arse and back burning, got home and it was on 3 as I closed the door. Went back 2 mins later and the dial was on zero.

It appears it does in fact shut itself down thermostatically as a rule, or is this just to protect itself from battery drainage in case of a fault, or is it a case of arse re-set before a new journey?
:twisted:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
As previously mentioned, this is a well covered topic on the forum dating back to 2010. The dial is in a position where it is easily moved by your leg as you get in/out of the car.

There is no thermostatic/motorised movement of the dial, if you get in and set it to 3, it will still be on 3 when you arrive at your destination, regardless of how long you have been in the car, or what the ambient temperature is. If you get out and then check it, it may well be on a different setting, as you might have inadvertently caught it as you slid from the seat.

Guppy

Reaction score
Hi

Having now had the opportunity to consult the RCZ user manual regarding your problem, I conclude that your car is either… A) haunted, or B) there is a hamster living under your seat.

I hope this helps. :D

Woodso

Reaction score
Well, it must be haunted because I know what I saw. The dial moves by itself and was not caught by my leg. I'll just live with it on the basis that on every journey that I want a warm arse, i'll just have to turn the dial because afterwards it will re-set itself.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Guppy said:
Hi

Having now had the opportunity to consult the RCZ user manual regarding your problem, I conclude that your car is either… A) haunted, or B) there is a hamster living under your seat.

I hope this helps. :D

That guy from Top Gear has been found -- Call off the search for Hammond.

and Hammond leave the dials alone !!

Woodso

Reaction score
Finally got to the bottom of this which has been bugging me, as with the drop in temperature, I have started using the heated seat function.

It's the seat belt!! When you unclip it and let it go back it catches the dial and rolls it back. It's not my arse or my leg, so no need for a diet.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Glad you found the mysterious cause of your numb bum :thumbup:

Woodso

Reaction score
It was actually the wife who spotted it and took great satisfaction in pointing it out.

Guppy

Reaction score
Woodso said:
Finally got to the bottom of this which has been bugging me, as with the drop in temperature, I have started using the heated seat function.

It's the seat belt!! When you unclip it and let it go back it catches the dial and rolls it back. It's not my arse or my leg, so no need for a diet.

Well that's ruled out my two theories... I wonder what the odds for the seat belt were?

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Bet Fred was offering 3 to 1 but Ladbrokes had it at 7 to 2. Wish I’d had a fiver on it. :eusa-whistle:

OkeyStokey

Reaction score
Weird that this topic has been raised, as the heated seat switch has been bugging me too since winter arrived (early)!

It happens to me when reversing off an inclined drive, getting out to close gates, back in (seat belt hasnt been touched yet). Put on seat belt, check switch, has been turned off. :x

I will have to pay more attention to the seat belt now to see what is actually going on.

Woodso

Reaction score
Don't forget that when you put your seatbelt on, you nearly always pull too much to clip in and it then rewinds to take up the slack, thus winding the switch back.