What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Headlight bulbs?

Jambondrums

Reaction score
Hello peeps. Now that the longer nights are with us and the weather has taken an autumnal feel.....I have come to the conclusion that the standard halogen headlights, are pretty crap. Has anyone upgraded the bulbs with a decent improvement over standard? I'm not looking to fit HIDs, just to see if I can improve the light penetrative with just replacing the bulbs.
Cheers in advance for the help.
James.

2retro

Reaction score
I replaced mine last year when one of the original bulbs packed up. Got new ones from Halfords where there are several different degrees of illumination to chose from (standard to eye searingly bright!). 👍

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello peeps. Now that the longer nights are with us and the weather has taken an autumnal feel.....I have come to the conclusion that the standard halogen headlights, are pretty crap. Has anyone upgraded the bulbs with a decent improvement over standard? I'm not looking to fit HIDs, just to see if I can improve the light penetrative with just replacing the bulbs.
Cheers in advance for the help.
James.
Be very careful replacing the headlight bulbs I’ve heard of a few owners breaking the connector that forms part of the headlight

Jambondrums

Reaction score
I changed the bulbs to osram night breakers. They have made a huge difference.

Jumper

Reaction score
The fitment is H7 and are really easy to replace just take care not to pull the wires off the bulb plug taking them out. A wire clip holds them in place.
I use Osram Cool Blue intense they are 4.2K brightness/temp. Osram Nightbreakers or Phillips Extreme Vision 3.7K temp/brightness are just as good.
I just found the Cool Blue last a bit longer than the others as Ive had Nightbreakers in my other cars.

Woodso

Reaction score
Just replaced both my headlights as the N/S one blew. O/S took me about 3 mins, N/S took me the best part of 1/2 hr due to the access for my hands and because I couldn't see what I was doing, it was all done by feel. I can agree with the warning about breaking off the connectors on the bulb as it was a pig of a job getting the connector back on the N/S as it was by touch only. As bulbs are a consumable item, you would have thought they could have designed it with easier access but as we are all aware, Peugeot used parts off other vehicles when they cobbled together the RCZ.

I opted for standard bulbs as where I live there is no lighting at all on many of the lanes and the high intensity lights people now fit, really blind you when vehicles with them fitted are coming towards you and I don't want to do the same to other drivers.

Pedro

Reaction score
Yes they are fragile as with most bulb fittings these days was it the Renault Megane you had to take out the wheel arch liner to get to the lightso_O

Jambondrums

Reaction score
Yeah, that rings a bell or it may of even been a bumper off job. I haven't had 1 but I do recall hearing they were a nightmare.