What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Head Gasket Kit

alincrieff

Reaction score
Morning all,

Anyone have recommendation for head gasket kits incl bolts for GT200 engine, EBay seller - Ajusa seem to sell OEM kit @ £116 plus shipping which seems reasonable ?
Victor reinz is more expensive @ £230 plus VAT just wondering if worth spending bit more ..... any advice appreciated

Pedro

Reaction score
Firstly is the car high mileage if so its recommended to change the chain & tensioner & if the cam sprockets are looking worn ie slightly oval teeth these should also be changed & if the car has no history of the water pump ( generic issues) being replaced then its advisable whilst the strip down is being carried out to replace the old unit therefore you should always replace with brand name parts as there are a huge amount of cheap kits for all manor of cars swamping the markets

alincrieff

Reaction score
Many thanks for replying...... bought car as a project, had jumped timing chain already due to ‘dodgy attempt to replace it. Certainly the previous owner or who they got to do the repairs was completely incompetent! Didn’t replace gaskets (used some sort of sealant). One bolt back of head (short one next to vanos solenoid) which isn’t obvious they forgot (we think) to undo and used bar to pry head off and broke the flange !!!! Didn’t fixed when put head back on so resulted in small coolant leak, also number of bolts not torqued correctly incl main crank shaft (which had fallen out) or too tight that needed chiselled out ! 4-5 bent valves ....

Anyway in bits now and on the mend think we might replace timing chain again, you D564425C-BA1B-4C54-8F9C-372D6B20946B.jpegD564425C-BA1B-4C54-8F9C-372D6B20946B.jpeg know if they even bought OEM parts !!

Pics FYI D390CEEF-FB30-4A56-B3A3-91336A221DEB.jpeg

Attachments

• A16C0CEE-3521-4F68-AF3C-A0629A3DC52C.jpeg
    A16C0CEE-3521-4F68-AF3C-A0629A3DC52C.jpeg
    48.5 KB · Views: 13

alincrieff

Reaction score
Firstly is the car high mileage if so its recommended to change the chain & tensioner & if the cam sprockets are looking worn ie slightly oval teeth these should also be changed & if the car has no history of the water pump ( generic issues) being replaced then its advisable whilst the strip down is being carried out to replace the old unit therefore you should always replace with brand name parts as there are a huge amount of cheap kits for all manor of cars swamping the markets
75,000 miles

Pedro

Reaction score
I take my hat off to you for taking it on as a project but you obviously know your stuff reminds me of when I was er a LOT younger stripping down cars & rebuilds etc
If you need any tips or help there is a lot of good lads & Lasses on here who will no doubt chip in with any info
Good luck let us know how your progressing just one last thing Change the Tensioner as these will if failing Kill off the Chain & I believe they have a big impact with shortening the Chains lifespan together with poor Oil change services

alincrieff

Reaction score
Appreciate the help and advice, I will hold my hands up and say it’s a very good friend (semi retired) who’s the expert with the patience I know a little but not enough. To do a complete rebuild and not end up with one or two bolts left wondering where they are supposed to go !!! But looking forward to driving the RCZ when it’s back up and running ! I’ll need to change the cheap Chinese tyres as well not happy with those when it’s all thats between me and the tarmac ......

Flanners

Reaction score
I have used Victor Reinz MLS kits for my F and TF.....I definitely think paying for a decent make/genuine is worth the extra for HG kits.