What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

HDI Remap

DevonBenRCZ

Reaction score
Hi - very new (as in yesterday) to RCZ ownership but wanted to know what the options were to remap the HDI 2010 model I bought. I've heard you can get 190bhp and over 410n/m? Advice and recommendations appreciated

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there and welcome to the forum the Hdi is really good at 163 there's a few people who have had there's remapped. I did look into it myself and was told if they could pug via the port they can get a further 30bhp easy and the cost of the this was only £150 but didn't go ahead as 163 is good enough for me unless I lived in Germany and going on the autobahn but hay ho...
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

RCZ20HDI

Reaction score
Same situation here, I’m also considering a remap for my HDI but not yet sure. I had both of my previous cars remapped, the biggest difference in my opinion was the gasrespons for those cars but the increase in bhp was lower then it would be for the RCZ. My car has already done 150.000 km, so not sure if it still worth it.

what about yours? What are you hoping to get out of it compared to the current specs?
I think Verminator has got a fair point, the car is already pretty quick with the standard specs, especially the torque.

Funders

Reaction score
Hi all, I've just registered on the forum, so was looking through some conversations and this is one I can comment on.
I have a RCZ HDI 2012, I've had it for a couple of years.
I always loved the style of the car, much better looking an other makes, my car has fairly low mileage so I decided to have a remap but only really to improve the pull away.
So we kept it simple and only increased the power to 180 but it's the torque that is now about 400 nm that really changed the car, the engine pulls strong and smooth and it's not caused any issues.

Attachments

• 20190713_151544.jpg
    20190713_151544.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 29

Funders

Reaction score
Hi all, I've just registered on the forum, so was looking through some conversations and this is one I can comment on.
I have a RCZ HDI 2012, I've had it for a couple of years.
I always loved the style of the car, much better looking an other makes, my car has fairly low mileage so I decided to have a remap but only really to improve the pull away.
So we kept it simple and only increased the power to 180 but it's the torque that is now about 400 nm that really changed the car, the engine pulls strong and smooth and it's not caused any issues.
View attachment 9732

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there how long is it since you have had the remap and has it made any difference to the fuel consumption....
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

Funders

Reaction score
Hi Verminator,
I've been running with the remapping for a year now.
The fuel consumption is still good, but like all modifications it depends on how you drive.
Being a diesel it's fine but I dont have any real fuel consumption data to share, I just enjoy the strong drive.
It can be a bit hard on the front tyres, if you drive hard all the time.