What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Hard wired dash cam

Rob8781

Reaction score
Hi all,

The previous owner paid Peugeot to fit & hard wire a dash cam in to my Z which is great. The cam has a mind of its when it wants to work, sometimes boots up when I turn the ignition but more often than not nothing at all. I can go for a drive, park at the petrol station, fill up, ignition on and it works!

I've tested the cam indoors and boots up first time everytime when plugged in to a pc or mains. I'm assuming the cradle is fine too as I can detach the USB cable from the cradle and it still doesn't work.

The wiring dissapears behind the rear view mirror, which the cover so I'm told is a pig to get off? Could be a loose connection behind the cover? Is it that hard to get off? Is their a fuse somewhere that powers the rear view cluster?

I'm useless with electronics & cars so any help would be appreciated. I have another wire I can plug in to the ciggerete lighter but it will look messy compared to the current setup.

Thanks,

Rob

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Might be a dodgy connection at the fusebox. I'm assuming that's how they've done it.

It is an easy job, you don't really need to pay for it.
Mine cost me about £4 to wire in with parts from eBay.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

Rob8781

Reaction score
Fuse box in the glove box?

I'll have a look in the morning. Am I basically looking for the other end of the usb cable?

Rob8781

Reaction score

Fuse box picture.

The lower circle are two wires that look like they have been cut as they are now connected with electrical tape which then leads to a connector. Is this likely to be part of the hard wire?

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t have thought that is what your looking for :eusa-think: the wires are way too big. If the feed is from the fuse box then most probably the wires from the cam are fed behind the left hand window pillar trim try checking there :thumbup: