What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Handbrake Adjustment

A

Anonymous

Hi All,

I am replacing the brake discs and pads on the girlfriends RCZ this weekend but cannot find any posts on where the preferred location is for adjusting the handbrake cable, is it done in the cabin or at the calliper ?

Has anyone got any experience of doing this themselves, or knowledge they can share to save me spending anymore time in the cold weather this weekend than I have to ? :helpme:

Found plenty on the 308 so I can use that as a rough guide, and if anyone else is finding themselves with the same question here is the link: http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/308 ... d-i-99041/

Fluke

Reaction score
I am about to do the same on my RCZ. How did you get on, any tips?

Pedro

Reaction score
The Adjuster is at the back of the centre column under the Armrest just unclip the plastic covers "carefully" & you see the threaded adjuster I used a long socket as its fiddly to get onto the nut plus its slightly offset but as a precautionary tip make sure you don't overdo it as the Handbrakes on the Zs should also be measured at the linkage with feeler gauges ! to check the cable gap I think its about 0.05 mm If I remember correctly from the manual tech data but I imagine this relates to the stretch of the cables at their lowest point of contact but if you find your winding them in too far then there goosed ?