What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

GT steering wheel and short-shift box - on the diesel too?

CarlosTheJackal

Reaction score
Hey all!

I'm looking to buy an early (pre-facelift) RCZ diesel, and wanted to check whether the GT HDI model has the short-throw gearbox and smaller steering wheel that the GT does when fitted with the THP 200 engine?

Reviews aren't entirely clear, so I thought I'd ask the experts. 😉

I do a lot of miles, hence going down the diesel route, rather than the THP200.

Cheers in advance! Carlos

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
I don't know for sure but I think that the shorter gearbox never fitted in the diesel
As for the smaller steering wheel it was a part from the sport package including the bigger brakes too
So probably you can find it if someone ever ordered a diesel with the sport package
Ps it is something that you can easily change, I did it on my 156

Pedro

Reaction score
I believe the spec your after relate to the 200 GT along with other upgrades to that variant but I have never come across them on a diesel model so I'm hedging my bets ?

Hatman

Reaction score
My HDI GT is 10 x years old ex demo and the steering wheel seems to be something manufactured for a ship. Would be interested to know of an upgrade.