What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Got my new RCZ today!!!

A

Anonymous

Greets to everyone - I am a former 207 owner (and 207OC forums-dweller), having traded my 207 Sport Ceilo model in for an RCZ today. I was probably very lucky with this, as it only took two weeks from the time I thought about buying an RCZ to actually driving it out of the dealers today. It probably helped that I only wanted a standard Sport THP156 (they had 1 left in Nera Black) - piccies below.

While waiting the very long couple of weeks to collect it, I was keeping busy looking at pictures of the RCZ and watching a few videos/reviews of it on the netwebulator, but none of that prepared me for when it came to actually seeing my own RCZ in the flesh - my jaw almost dropped to the ground and I was rendered speechless (briefly!) - what a stunning machine, years ahead of it's time looks-wise, and it looks unbelievable in real life.

After parking up this evening, as I walked away I turned back to look at my gorgeous new car and with a smile on my face, I shook my head in disbelief that I now own such a stunning car - it still hasn't fully sunk in yet!!!

Sadly, there is a fly in the ointment, as I noticed the rear roof section has 3 scratches - two quite big ones at 5 and 7 inches and one about 1/2 inch so I'll have to get the dealer to replace it (the roof bit that is, not the whole car!). Still, a small niggle in the grand scheme of things. What a beautiful, beautiful car - it's going to be a fun first weekend getting to know it!

A

Anonymous

:text-welcomewave: :happy-wavemulticolor: :text-welcomewave:
Firstly welcome to your new forum. Your enthusiasm for the car is abundantly clear :thumbup: So I have no doubt that you will love and respect your new purchase. They are jaw dropping and the drive is fantastic. You will simply love the way it sweeps around bends without giving you any jitters at all :thumbup:
Three scratches and probably rusty brake hubs no doubt...... but eh we RCZ ers are a forgiving lot :beer:

RCZ1

Reaction score
As Ron said, welcome to the forum :greetings-wavingblue:

You obviously are enjoying your new RCZ. I've had mine just short of a year and still to this day and everyday when I walk away from it, I can't resist turning around to have another look at it :thumbup:

Sorry to hear about the scratches on your roof. Maybe then can be machine polished out rather than having the panel replaced :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

You are brave to accept the car with the scratches or didnt you notice them.
Surely the dealer pointed them out??
I wouldnt have accepted the car i wouldnt have paid and would have walked away and only accepted when resolved.

A

Anonymous

Sometimes you get blinded by the beauty of something to the point where you don't look at the detail. Would I have noticed those scratches? probably not, they will be repaired and all will be forgotten.

Enjoy, I have not doubt you will.

A

Anonymous

"two quite big ones at 5 and 7 inches" These are quite big scratches?
Ive been caught out before "you didnt notice these scratches on hand over did you sir?" Difficult to prove when you drive away.

A

Anonymous

I agree with you ryanb. I didn't notice that the road fund licence had only days to run or that it did not have the Bi-Xenon lights that it was meant to have. I was blinded by her beauty. I have never before bought a 2nd hand car before and never will again as a result. But her replacement Pearl2 is beauty personified.

A

Anonymous

my car has similar marks in the same area???i think its down to someone not properly removing the pvc coating the cars have on them,these marks will only be removed by a bodyshop as i have tried everything to remove them with no success

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
I agree with you ryanb. I didn't notice that the road fund licence had only days to run or that it did not have the Bi-Xenon lights that it was meant to have. I was blinded by her beauty. I have never before bought a 2nd hand car before and never will again as a result. But her replacement Pearl2 is beauty personified.

but then again you have more money than common sense ;) and i suspect a visit to specsaver is in order if you didnt notice these ron pray tell and google if you want what are bi-xenon lamps ronnie???

A

Anonymous

mikeyv60 said:
I wouldnt have accepted the car i wouldnt have paid and would have walked away and only accepted when resolved.

Nope, I didn't notice the scratches and the dealer didn't point them out - I doubt the dealer noticed them to be honest - I had to wait until late afternoon for them to apply the gardX and myself and the sales chap both saw it for the first time about 30 mins before I drove off with it.

I noticed the scratches about half an hour after I had left the dealer when the family were admiring it it - the photos will have the time/date stamp/location on them if evidence is needed when the scratches were noticed. I didn't notice them before driving it from the dealer - the roof is so shiny the scratches would have been difficult to noticed in the reflection, especially as the roof was reflecting the railings above the wall where the car was parked (see pics above). There is also the small matter of me not actively looking for any defects, as it is a new car - the Peugeot flagship model - so I shouldn't need to be looking for scratches on a new car.

I'll phone the dealer about it tomorrow - I'm sure they will sort it out. :)

A

Anonymous

yep i recon they will. it could bee the protective film joint marks, hope they havent put the sealer over the marks.or it will have to bee stripped off and resealed.

A

Anonymous

Refrenz said:
mikeyv60 said:

Nope, I didn't notice the scratches and the dealer didn't point them out - I doubt the dealer noticed them to be honest - I had to wait until late afternoon for them to apply the gardX and myself and the sales chap both saw it for the first time about 30 mins before I drove off with it.

I noticed the scratches about half an hour after I had left the dealer when the family were admiring it it - the photos will have the time/date stamp/location on them if evidence is needed when the scratches were noticed. I didn't notice them before driving it from the dealer - the roof is so shiny the scratches would have been difficult to noticed in the reflection, especially as the roof was reflecting the railings above the wall where the car was parked (see pics above). There is also the small matter of me not actively looking for any defects, as it is a new car - the Peugeot flagship model - so I shouldn't need to be looking for scratches on a new car.

I'll phone the dealer about it tomorrow - I'm sure they will sort it out. :)
I hope they will sort it out,should always look for defects dont forget any repairs will come out of their pocket not Peugeots.
Why didnt you call straight away?
The guy who prepped the car should have seen it or did he make the scratches and didnt say anything?
I have always looked for defects ever since i picked up a brand new Audi and noticed when i got home the bumper had been spray touched in.I didnt pick it up on the hand over so washed their hands of it.

A

Anonymous

My OH noticed 'scratches' on all four wings when I took my car home on Saturday (argh! I never noticed them when I picked it up). I thought it was weird how the same scratch was in the same place - but thankfully with a bit of Dodo juice prewax cleanser stuff it's come off - I think it was residual sticky stuff from the protective film.

A

Anonymous

mikeyv60 said:
I hope they will sort it out,should always look for defects dont forget any repairs will come out of their pocket not Peugeots.Why didnt you call straight away?

They were closed, I didn't drive the car away until gone half 6 on Friday and they were locking everything up so they would have been closed by the time I got home and noticed the marks.

Thanks for all the comments everyone - seems they may not be scratches after all like I thought, just marks left by the protective cover so I'll try some dojo juice like Donna mentioned.

A

Anonymous

Refrenz said:
Thanks - seems they may not be scratches after all like I thought, just marks left by the protective cover so I'll try some dojo juice like Donna mentioned.

It didn't take much effort to get them off, so don't worry :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Success! The marks are off - many thanks everyone. It was a bit foolish of me to presume they were scratches, but they looked so convincingly like scratches and had me fooled!

A

Anonymous

After a couple of happy years motoring and lurking in the forums, I retired (well, part-ex'd) "The Batmobile" on Monday and went for another younger prettier model of the most beautiful looking car in the world.

A 13 plate GT 200THP with Sat-Nav for £15,500 and 16,000 miles on the clock, 1 year and a day old when I bought it ... above average mileage but I drive less than 6000 a year so it won't matter in the long run. The difference in the engine, acceleration (ooh that sound!) and suspension is very noticeable compared to the Sport. :)

Two issues I have found are the central 'column' between the two seats (with the arm rest on) is loose. The other issue is the steering wheel vibrates badly around 70mph - it shakes my arms so much, I can't drive it at that speed for long. My old RCZ had a touch of the steering wheel wobbles in a certain speed range but nothing this violent. Booked in to the dealers be looked at.

One thing that baffles me ... I cannot tell any difference between the "short-shift" gear stick in the GT and the gear stick in my old RCZ Sport. Can anyone shed any light on what the difference is supposed to be?

A

Anonymous

If ur steering is vibrating the wheels probably need balanced u've maybe lost a weight or 2 of them.

A

Anonymous

Refrenz said:
One thing that baffles me ... I cannot tell any difference between the "short-shift" gear stick in the GT and the gear stick in my old RCZ Sport. Can anyone shed any light on what the difference is supposed to be?

Not sure why they call it "short shift" because to me it "shifts" the same distance but has a shorter gear stick. So answering my own question, if your hand is resting on the top of the gear lever then it would travel a shorter distance through the air due due to this. :oops: