What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Good afternoon everyone

Goatz

Reaction score
Oil filter is on the passsengers side. Tensioner is back of the engine on drivers side, but could be the rocker cover gasket.

Kennydogleash

Reaction score
Oil filter is on the passsengers side. Tensioner is back of the engine on drivers side, but could be the rocker cover gasket.
Noticed a little bit of oil here after wiping everything clean earlier. So maybe this is the source...20201020_184050.jpg

Goatz

Reaction score
How does the breather hose look? Is it on tight? No cracks?
It’s the black hose top right in your photo.
I think it is quite common to find oil in that area though to be honest

Kennydogleash

Reaction score
How does the breather hose look? Is it on tight? No cracks?
It’s the black hose top right in your photo.
I think it is quite common to find oil in that area though to be honest
Will check tomorrow ta...the wife has told me I'm spending more time with the car than her. Guess she'll have to go.
The wife that is

Jumper

Reaction score
Noticed a little bit of oil here after wiping everything clean earlier. So maybe this is the source...View attachment 10472
The oil in that area is fairly normal its caused by hot oil mist through the PCV valve system in the rocker cover (the black pipe going into the rocker cover). Don't think you can stop to be honest it leaks under PCV valve cover (the silver bit on top of your engine). Just do regular oil changes at least once per year whatever the miles done that year.

Pedro

Reaction score
Do you get a wet Oil Patch anywhere near the rocker cover I ask because the seal on the rocker does not cause issues unless its been off & not replaced with a new one or is it like a slimy residue because as Jumper pointed out it could be Oil vapour but if its escaping under pressure it needs investigating your original post said you had oil under the car so maybe its a Wet Oil discharge ?

misterx

Reaction score
Mine doesn't generally leak oil, not that I've noticed anyway, but is becoming a bit thirsty in its old age. Have had to put in a top-up of a litre on two occasions since the last service, which means about every 5000 miles or so. I assume it was properly topped up at the time of service.

I don't make a habit of checking the oil and I simply react if the low oil warning messages is displayed after starting the car.

Before getting the R, I had a regular RCZ and that used to leak a fair amount, normally due to seals that needed replacement. I did get some leakage when the rocker cover seal developed a leak about a year ago, but that was resolved and all seems well now.

Last December there was a problem caused by a leak from the turbo area because various other parts seized up around it (eg both heat shields) and that was costly to resolve.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
It's a known fact that the THP engine uses oil and needs to be checked on a very regular if you wait for the oil warning light to come on is not a good thing if you read post on the forum about keeping oil topped up all the time if you don't causes timing chain issues.....

Pedro

Reaction score
Average Oil consumption for the 1.6 THP = 1 Litre every 5000 Klms other issues are generic oil leaks & valve stem seals badly worn combined with carbon build up causing oil pressure bypass form valve seats

Kennydogleash

Reaction score
The oil in that area is fairly normal its caused by hot oil mist through the PCV valve system in the rocker cover (the black pipe going into the rocker cover). Don't think you can stop to be honest it leaks under PCV valve cover (the silver bit on top of your engine). Just do regular oil changes at least once per year whatever the miles done that year.
Thanks for that. Car back today from garage who said that they replaced an O ring but couldn't find anything else.
Appreciate your input

Kennydogleash

Reaction score
It's a known fact that the THP engine uses oil and needs to be checked on a very regular if you wait for the oil warning light to come on is not a good thing if you read post on the forum about keeping oil topped up all the time if you don't causes timing chain issues.....
Thanks...I'm a bit obsessive so probably will have a quick check daily as I suppose it only takes a few minutes and is worth it .

Kennydogleash

Reaction score
Do you get a wet Oil Patch anywhere near the rocker cover I ask because the seal on the rocker does not cause issues unless its been off & not replaced with a new one or is it like a slimy residue because as Jumper pointed out it could be Oil vapour but if its escaping under pressure it needs investigating your original post said you had oil under the car so maybe its a Wet Oil discharge ?
The oil vapour could be it...the garage have been pretty honest so far and had the car over the weekend. They replaced an O ring that was worn but haven't seen anything else. Think I will keep the oil checking on a regular basis and see how it goes.
Ta