What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Gold arch wrap?

Kirethidae

Reaction score
Hello all,

Having recently bought a THP200GT RCZ, gloss black, and then also recently got it running ok, I want to start looking into one of the first things I wanted to do to my RCZ; get rid of the silver arches. I'm not a fan of the silver arches, and was initially thinking of just getting them a satin black.

However, a thought struck me yesterday. I'm a big fan of NFL, and fervently support the New Orleans Saints. Their colours being black and gold I started imagining trimming the RCZ with gold instead of black. Gold arches, gold grille... Gold rims and badges?

I have a couple of questions:
- Has anybody seen partial gold wrapping done on an RCZ? I've scoured the internet and I can't seem to find any pictures of an RCZ with gold arches or the like.
- Is wheel wrapping advisable? Doesn't seem to be mentioned a lot and isn't included in most wrappers' price guides. If I was to do the arches and grille gold, I feel it would be weird to have gold and black with silver rims and I'm not mad about the idea of shelling out for new rims when I like the actual look of the stock ones.
- Badges? Again, would prefer gold or black badges? Wrap or try and source new ones? If going for new ones, any idea where I can find them? Can only find standard silver.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Nemi

Reaction score
There was RCZ R concept model in black and copper colors https://uncrate.com/peugeot-rcz-r-concept/

Also i have seen few pre-facelift white RCZs with champagne arches. Almost bought one myself :wtf: I think that was original color, but very rare. Some referrence here viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2474&p=23427

And some random pre-facelift black and copper version https://www.adamrayner.net/new-alpine-e ... ugeot-rcz/ I think it looks allright :eusa-think:

Personally, i would prefer black badge :eusa-whistle:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
One of my favourite RCZ’s have this combination and one of my least favourites had this combination! It’s all about getting it done right and not a DIY job and don’t go too far with the gold I would leave the badges personally but if done possibly highly reflective gold.
Here’s my favourite one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_8806.jpg
    IMG_8806.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 789
  • IMG_8805.jpg
    IMG_8805.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 789

Kirethidae

Reaction score
The silver wheels don't actually look too bad with the gold. It seems as though gloss gold would be preferable to a more muted matte or brushed gold definitely.

I was thinking more along the lines of getting the badges black anyway?

Plecodoras

Reaction score
You could use the gold turkey foil for the arches and badges - highly reflective.

As for the wheels, peeps tend not to wrap wheels, personally I don't think they would last long.

What is more common is to have the wheels Hydrographically dipped, and the choice of finishes is almost endless...

Food for thought.... you could always get your arches dipped if you want, though I think wrapping them would be easier. Someone else had a quote for arches around £80 each but this was a while back, it'll probs be about a ton each side, shop about might get a good deal, they have hundreds of colours of wrap to choose.

Don't forget to post some pics when you have done !!

Cheers M... :thumbup :beer:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
I like the light gold carbon fibre dip bet that would look great against black :thumbup:
YouTube has loads of footage of wheel wrapping but as Mick said don’t know how long it would last?