What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

GFB+ Diverter valve upgrade

Pedro

Reaction score
Anyone fitted one of these addons to the Turbo Diverter Valve & do they make any difference to boost pressure?
I have done a bit of research & they appear to be hit & miss on some makes of car I believe they are more suited to chipped Engines but have problems with the brass piston suffering from lack of lubrication over time so any info of experiences would be very helpful

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
It’s something I’ve been looking at too, I know they did revise the piston maybe after having problems with the first incarnation🤔 I know the cars original does fail and I’ve seen YouTube videos that give it a good write up but don’t know anyone who has it on a RCZ🤷‍♂️

EDR

Reaction score
I was interested in getting the GFB+ DV to use on my old broken DV. But the cost was a bit prohibitive for now, so I settled with getting a Pierburg OEM DV Rev D instead. The problem I have now is that the connector is different than what's in the RCZ :rolleyes: so I gotta change the electrical connector.

I've seen a lot of good things about it tho, but only one way to find out!

Pedro

Reaction score
I was interested in getting the GFB+ DV to use on my old broken DV. But the cost was a bit prohibitive for now, so I settled with getting a Pierburg OEM DV Rev D instead. The problem I have now is that the connector is different than what's in the RCZ :rolleyes: so I gotta change the electrical connector.

I've seen a lot of good things about it tho, but only one way to find out!
The pierburg valve should be a straight swop over do you have the correct part?

EDR

Reaction score
The pierburg valve should be a straight swop over do you have the correct part?
Well it's not the same as the one that came originally with the car (the one with the diaphragm) because I wanted to use the newer version with the piston. It's the right size, just a bit longer, but as you can see the connector is different...

Attachments

• IMG_20211124_143202.jpg
    IMG_20211124_143202.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 27

Pedro

Reaction score
Yes that is an issue are you sure its not for a Vag?

EDR

Reaction score
Oops on further inspection, it does seem to be for VAG o_O

Oh well I'll see if it works once I find that type of connector

Pedro

Reaction score
You may need a VAG connector as the pins look different on the new valve compared to the original as in the old they are round but in the new one they appear to be flat?

EDR

Reaction score
Well a small update on this. The holes for the bolt of the DV that I bought didn't align with the holes on the turbo. Only 2 of the holes aligned. Regardless, I put it on any way and tested it. My check engine light came on and stayed on. Took it for a bit of a hard drive and I can hear the air leak during the turbo spool at around 4-6k rpm...

So a lot of work for nothing, guess I'm going to bite the bullet and buy the GFB DV+.

Funny thing tho, on their site it's mentioned that it fits the 156HP and 270HP Version but doesn't mention if it fits the 200HP 🧐 I might take another L here 💀

Pedro

Reaction score
The Part No for the GFB DV+ which apparently fits the "Z" 200GT/ Sport etc is T9352 according what GFB-UK sent me in a email although I'm still not 100% convinced if its plausible fitting one as I have read good & bad things about their Longevity (running dry) and performance enhancements?

EDR

Reaction score
The Part No for the GFB DV+ which apparently fits the "Z" 200GT/ Sport etc is T9352 according what GFB-UK sent me in a email although I'm still not 100% convinced if its plausible fitting one as I have read good & bad things about their Longevity (running dry) and performance enhancements?
Yea I read that we'll have to take it off so now and then to apply some engine oil on the piston... Well I am getting pretty desperate so I guess I'll bite the bullet.

I saw a few on Ebay UK going for about 115gbp, would this be the best place to buy it?

Pedro

Reaction score
Yes its OK from Ebay as long as its the genuine part GFB have warnings out that the market has been flooded with fakes & they say its the boxes which are different as the original parts are in a carboard tray that slides out of the side box whereas on the fake ones its a flip up lid type?

EDR

Reaction score
Well a small update on this. The holes for the bolt of the DV that I bought didn't align with the holes on the turbo. Only 2 of the holes aligned. Regardless, I put it on any way and tested it. My check engine light came on and stayed on. Took it for a bit of a hard drive and I can hear the air leak during the turbo spool at around 4-6k rpm...

So an update to my DV situation, I decided to take off the VAG DV head and put it on the original solenoid body, they fit perfectly. I put that combo on the car and no check engine light came on. Although it wasn't able to hold the boost pressure when I'm above 4k RPM, I could hear and feel the boost leaking in small stutters.

So I bit the bullet and ordered a GFB DV+ (T9352), going to install it tomorrow and see if it makes a difference.

JazzyRCZ

Reaction score
Anyone fitted one of these addons to the Turbo Diverter Valve & do they make any difference to boost pressure?
I have done a bit of research & they appear to be hit & miss on some makes of car I believe they are more suited to chipped Engines but have problems with the brass piston suffering from lack of lubrication over time so any info of experiences would be very helpful
I've had one fitted to my 200 since April, no issues and I'm used to it now but when I did install it, defo made a difference to boost holding and how the car picked up. Might lube the piston soon but haven't since putting it in, havent noticed any issue

Bad Dog

Reaction score
I have fitted the GFB DV+ to my THP 156 and it fitted really well and improved the boost hold and reduced lag too. Need to be careful of buying a fake GFB (there are good videos on You Tube on how to spot the fakes). I have spotted a few fakes on auction sites during my sourcing of it - ended up getting it from Demon Tweaks.