What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Getting locked in car

A

Anonymous

Had the rcz 6 weeks and a few times when parking I have tried to open the drivers door and it will not open. Had to open window and put my hand on the outside door handle to open the door. Am l missing something really simple as to why this is happening ?.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forum, that does sound strange I know the car can be configured to automatically lock when you drive off but I would have thought you would still be able to open the drivers door to override it :eusa-think:
Have you tried opening the passenger door? If the passenger door opens then you have a faulty drivers door lock but if the passenger door does the same then it’s a central locking issue. Not much help but hope you get it sorted let us know how you get on.
PS just a long shot but once my boot release stuck in (still depressed at one side) and this threw all sorts of silly problems up with the car locking system until I figured it out.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
:greetings-wavingblue: Welcome :text-welcomewave:

As has been previously mentioned, the boot lock can cause all kinds of weird & wonderful electrical issues. This can be if it has had water ingress, which has been known on RCZ’s.

When locking the car, if you press the lock button twice, this “deadlocks” the car, meaning that the interior door handles will not open the door, so even if a window is smashed to gain entry, the door can not be opened. Maybe somehow your car is deadlocking the doors when you drive away.

Again, as has been mentioned, try the passenger door. If this works it is not a deadlocking issue. I believe you can specify in your cars options whether or not the doors lock automatically when you set off (anti Hijack) you could try turning this off (if it’s on) and see if that solves your problem.

You could try a BSI reset, which can resolve all kinds of issues, but not sure of this is one of them. BSI reset details can be found here viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12364&p=136388&hilit=BSI+reset#p136388

If all else fails, it is probably a faulty door handle/lock/mechanism, which depending on the actual fault, could be an easy fix. If it’s electrical it might take a bit more sorting.

Hope the above helps :thumbup:

Don’t forget to let us know how you get on, it can help others that might encounter the same thing.

Samara

Reaction score
:greetings-wavingblue: Welcome :text-welcomewave:

As has been previously mentioned, the boot lock can cause all kinds of weird & wonderful electrical issues. This can be if it has had water ingress, which has been known on RCZ’s.

When locking the car, if you press the lock button twice, this “deadlocks” the car, meaning that the interior door handles will not open the door, so even if a window is smashed to gain entry, the door can not be opened. Maybe somehow your car is deadlocking the doors when you drive away.

Again, as has been mentioned, try the passenger door. If this works it is not a deadlocking issue. I believe you can specify in your cars options whether or not the doors lock automatically when you set off (anti Hijack) you could try turning this off (if it’s on) and see if that solves your problem.

You could try a BSI reset, which can resolve all kinds of issues, but not sure of this is one of them. BSI reset details can be found here viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12364&p=136388&hilit=BSI+reset#p136388

If all else fails, it is probably a faulty door handle/lock/mechanism, which depending on the actual fault, could be an easy fix. If it’s electrical it might take a bit more sorting.

Hope the above helps 👍

Don’t forget to let us know how you get on, it can help others that might encounter the same thing.
Hi
I am having the same issue Peugeot 206cc HDI Allure. The door locks both drivers side and passenger side and I have to be let out from a key in the outside lock. The garage have said looking at the error codes they can't be sure a BSI clone would fix it and have suggested snipping the central locking wire so I don't get locked in anymore. Not sure if that is a MOT failure as apparently in its current state it is. I met a 208 driver with the same issue at the weekend!

Pedro

Reaction score
Try using the dash button to see if unlocks all the doors?
Tricky thing with the central locking is its all controlled from the BSI & works in conjunction with the Alarm etc
Last but never least is your battery fully charged as these cars have a Load management power system if you have low charge it will disable certain ancillaries like radio etc until you have run the car to boost the battery voltage one way of finding out is you will repeatedly get the economy mode dash warning when you start the car