What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

G’Day from Sydney, Australia.

Henchan81

Reaction score
Howdy all,

Long time lurker, first time poster. 😂

So my love of Pugs started with a 1989 205Gti, my first car and my gosh did I have fun with it, as ANY 205 Owner would tell you! Almost ended in tears 😭 more than once though, with that infamous ‘lift-off oversteer’ widow maker , smile maker, need new underwear 🩲 trait!

Then came my 2nd Pug a 2002 206Gti and again what a HOOT… Bought this after I fell in love with the 206WRC rally car! And yup drove it like I was Marcus Gronholm in a tarmac rally special.

Third Pug after (ALOT of ppl asked if I had rocks 🪨 in my head) was a 2008 308 XSE turbo manual hatch. Umm 🤔 welllll this one… Did i love it YES ❤️, did it love me sadly ‘NO’ 😢. Had a lot of problems all mechanical, Turbo leaks, overheated, hoses disintegrating urrgghhh. But it was a comfy drive and it was still after all a Pug!

Had a break here and had an affair with a Italian… A small really small Fiat 500.

Then finally this year, I convinced my partner that I was getting a RCZ. To my surprise she said go for it ‘Live Ur Life’ 😳 Promptly the Fiat departed us and I was on the HUNT! However I didn’t realise how few there are in Australia 🇦🇺. Months went by and after some failed attempts, dodgy owners and unloved specimens, I met The Mistress aka ‘TayTay’ a 2011 THP200 Manual which had only 78k (km) on the clock. I jumped on it quick and broke all covid rules 🥷 to inspect and collect! (The things you do for LOVE)😍

Now after 3months, I can say that every time I walk out the door I ‘Smile’ from ear to ear. What a looking they are and even thou she is a decade old! Upgrades have already been done such as RCZ-R Gearknob, full LED lights, Black painted wheels etc etc.

Soo finally all, thank you letting me
join the group and I hope to learn and read all the great stuff you all are doing with your RCZs, See ya on the ROAD… 👍

Attachments

• E0376BFE-95FC-4CD0-A724-38C744547157.jpeg
    E0376BFE-95FC-4CD0-A724-38C744547157.jpeg
    135.1 KB · Views: 9

Pedro

Reaction score
Welcome to the Family Henchan81 congrats on buying an Iconic "Z" & if its the 200GT its one of the best in class apart from the "R" which didn't come with front parking sensors as fitted to the 200 variants plus full leather interior & sports styled steering plus the twin scroll turbo makes for a bigger kick when accelerating through the gears so happy days ahead & enjoy the beast

MagnaSteyr

Reaction score
Yes welcome Henchan81 ... from down here in cold Melbourne to all the way up there in beautiful Sydney. I remember remarking in a previous post how few RCZ's one sees on Australian roads so agree with your observations. I also have 308CC in my stable so appreciate your passion for other Pug models. Best value hardtop convertible in the world if you ask me. It's been flawless - not one issue in 79,000 klms of driving. Hope you enjoy the Forum as much as I do. Cheers.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there and welcome to the forum and nice RCZ you have got yourself enjoy your drive now lock down restrictions are being lifted.
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

Ecrivain

Reaction score
Welcome, and thanks for telling us your whole Pug story! I think it's great when people write a bit more! 🙂

(Imagining Rachel, from Friends: A FIAT???? Ross: We were on a break...! 😅)

I've been a bit more fickle myself, but my second ever car was a "Bronze" 205GT 4-door, with the uprated 1360cc engine. Quite a step up from the first - an 895cc VW Polo...

Still loving my RCZ after 5 months, though!