What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

fuel cap

Dave jc

Reaction score
Merry Xmas all.
Has any RCZ owners had a problem with there fuel filler cap. IE management light comes on.
Its a bit sad posting Xmas morning but its the calm before a house full .

Pedro

Reaction score
NO but it may be the sensor is triggering the fault try refitting the cap & make sure the seal is good if it persists try a bit of Vaseline around the seal to check & believe it or not a fuel leak can cause this issue buts its rare

Dave jc

Reaction score
Hi Pedro thanks for your advice, The fuel filler cap fills a bit loose, I tried the Vaseline unfortunately light still on.

I have had two garages baffled with this problem we have tried two re maps, light comes on after a few miles
and the scanner comes up no faults while the light is still on.

Pedro

Reaction score
Hi Pedro thanks for your advice, The fuel filler cap fills a bit loose, I tried the Vaseline unfortunately light still on.

I have had two garages baffled with this problem we have tried two re maps, light comes on after a few miles
and the scanner comes up no faults while the light is still on
The cap acts as a seal to hold vacuum pressure in the tank so if its loose you will have improper vacuum pressure this will trigger the fuel cap light to come on the dash so maybe change the cap to see if it cures the fault?

Dave jc

Reaction score
Good Morning all. Happy new year,
Can anyone tell me if there is sensor on the Fuel filler cap on a RCZ diesel 2010, I still have the EML light on but no faults showing.
[clutching at straws] I have looked everywhere for a new fuel filler cap but cant find a aftermarket one.
Any advise would be appreciated

Pedro

Reaction score
RCZ diesel 2008-2015 - Showing plunger & switch this may also be a ECU issue?

Attachments

• fuel cap diesel RCZ.PNG
    fuel cap diesel RCZ.PNG
    124.5 KB · Views: 10