What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Front parking sensors

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
After a small touch with another car i left today my car for painting the front bumper

I am going to put front parking sensors so i have some questions
Does anyone know their Part number?
Does anyone know the Part number of the unit that controls both front and back parking sensors?
Where exactly is the stand by wiring?

I asked the mechanic to check if their position is precut from the back of the bumper otherwise can anyone tell me in Which position they are fitted from the factory?

My car is a Black mk1 rcz

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Plecodoras your man he has vast knowledge of this subject I’ll get him to post a reply :thumbup:

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
I know he is the man

I am Just waiting for him to reply

I found from his topic the Part numbers of the 2 different ecu

8 sensors 16 097 323 80
4 sensors 16 097 322 80

And as i See the each sensor has the same number with the back ones

So the only thing must be explained is how exactly to connect them

tianorth

Reaction score
The parking sensor ecu between 4 & 8 sensors is the difference.
It also needs reprogramming.
There is also another sub harness (on the front) that may be required as well as the extra 4 sensors.

Plec had the front Bumper from his other RCZ-R at the time and ecu.

The RCZ-R he sold went from 8 to 4 rear only sensors.

The wiring is already there just not connected at the ECU (ecu numbers in post 3).

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
Sub harness? Please tell me more!
There must be a wire that connects All 4 sensors together And Then with the exhisting harness but can you find its Part number?
I saw the Part numbers of the ecu's but they dont match with the one i found on ebay although it must be it

Plecodoras

Reaction score
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=10831

this is the topic I created that explains the removal and swapover of front sensors and ecu units on two R's.

As I state at the end, if you haven't got a " donor " front bumper with sensors included, you will need to source the factory sensors which of course are attached with wiring. they plug into a connector at the front of the car which should be there already. You will need the ECU changing which is located in the boot on the left hand side behind the small panel, again the wiring is already there to connect the 8 sensor ECU, and it's easy to swap them over. Tia north is 100% correct, you will need some reprogramming for the sensors to work with the headunit ie display on the screen and also the audio.

The unit you have found on ebay IS exactly the same and so is the number, this is the 8 sensor ecu.
It is the white connector which is not attached on the 4 sensor unit but it is within the wiring harness just ready to plug in.

This is the 8 sensor unit - 1780 just the same.

4 sensor unit.... 1680.

Connector block in front bumper, it has a rubber boot on it which you remove to connect the front sensor cable to.

Good luck AEK

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
thank you all for the answers

i will take a walk from the mechanic today to check that the fuse is there and waiting
and then i will order the parts

i will keep you informed

thanks again

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
plec do you have a picture from the wiring that conects the parking sensors?

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
it seems that if you dont have a donnor car nothing is simple

my bumper has premarked the positions of the sensors but does not have the base to secure them
the problem is that this base is not for sale so you need a new bumper that has 1600 euro! and i thought that i owned a peugeot car not a ferrari!!

the wiring betwwen sensors is for sale but the dealer couldn't give me a price
4 parking sensors have 372 euro! (really?)
i never asked for the ecu...

so i am going to order the ecu from ebay and also the sensors
i have found these
https://www.ebay.com/itm/PDC-Parking-Se ... :0&vxp=mtr

i will talk with an electrician about the wire or else i will get it from peugeot
and as for the base, there must be another way
many cars in Greece have aftermarket chinese sensors so somehow you can support them

any opinions are welcomed

Plecodoras

Reaction score
ONLY AEK said:
plec do you have a picture from the wiring that conects the parking sensors?

In short no because it was simple;-

a connector block which just plugged in, then built into the wiring harness were the four sensors. Don't forget I was changing bumpers with the sensors already attached, so I did not need to remove the factory ones, nor the after market ones.

After market ones can be bought from 50 euro upto a couple hundred euro as you will have seen, but these are just audible alerts not visual.

This is the after market ones and the box with yellow label is the controller box.

this is what they look like fitted

I would look out for a second hand bumper with the factory sensors in, this way you just need to connect the plug to the lead and have the head unit programmed to accept the visual on the sat nav screen and you will have a fully opted front and rear parking sensors !!

Cheers M. :beer:

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
So I bought the ecu, the wiring and 4 new sensors
I connected everything and a fault appeared
Not only the front but also the back sensors did not work
I connected only the back and took the same fault
I put everything back as it was and the fault disappeared
Any recommendations?